FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » nett jr - Tiki Tour - 4/26/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
nett jr - Tiki Tour - 4/26/08
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:21 pm   Permalink

ditto....burp.....ugh

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 5:39 pm   Permalink

Milling around before the bus arrives.

Everyone is special on the short bus.

Feeling the love at the Mon Kou.

Is this a Witco?

Rick (just his back, really), Nicole, Scott, Gina and Damian

Photo ops in front of the Ho Kong (where Capt. Quad and Bargoyle scored some sweet Scorpian Bowels)

Maybe not tiki but the most amazing decor I've ever seen at a Chinese Restaurant--Chuck's China Inn

More at Chuck's

The girls at Sundown--Tiki Ports Hyannis

Rick guards the Tiki we left at Tiki Ports. We doubled the TiPSY score that day!

Paul and Kelly are so cute, it makes you happy just to see them--or maybe it's because we found Hula Cat. Cookies, anyone?

Speaking of happy people--
http://www.youtube.com/v/tGHxfY0yTkA

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 7:53 pm   Permalink

Such a good time! Love all you guys! Lots!
Here's a few of my pics that didn't suck!
All the chicks were fab on the tour

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 06:15 am   Permalink

Yet more photos...

The only group shot, pre-tour. We "forgot" to take an after picture:

Our bus. Oh, the irony.

Our brave leaders, bargoyle and pappythesailor, serving bus drinks. For the record, bus drinks consisted of all you can drink Blood of the Kapu Tiki and the 1934 Zombie. Both VERY well made. These guys do not F around with their tiki drinks.

...which can result in people like HulaCat showing you their pelvis. Don't ask.

It still amazes me that I was able to catch Bargoyle in this "rare" pose:

What the hell is Bogie drinking?

A great time was had by all - thanks Pappy and Bargoyle!

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 07:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-28 17:39, pappythesailor wrote:

Photo ops in front of the Ho Kong (where Capt. Quad and Bargoyle scored some sweet Scorpian Bowels)

I sometimes get Scorpion Bowels. Usually when I eat undercooked meat or if the potato salad has been left out too long.

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 07:26 am   Permalink

Great photos so far, folks!

Thanks, Pappy and Bargoyle, once again, for a really fun weekend. I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Here are a few of my photos:

Shiny Happy Tikiphiles at the Mon Kou (which is awesome, btw):

Suzanne and velveteenlounge:

I know most of you have seen this before since the Mon Kou was on the NETT last summer, but it was new to me (and fab):

Decor in the conference room which the staff at the Mon Kou was ever so kind to open up just so we could see it:

Hula Cat being Hula Cat:

Suzanne doing her best to point out the obvious:

jpmartdog raises his glass to the founding members of Flotsam:

Careful negotiation of the Blood of the Kapu Tiki containing vessel:

Titanic, Tiki Style, at sundown at Tiki Port:

Our driver, who was awesome and put up with us singing "We're Goin' to a Hukilau..." and many, many outbursts of "Bwana!" (anyone get any video of either of those?)

Rock on.

All the rest of my photos (quite a few) can be seen at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thedivapinup/sets/72157604782061759/

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-29 07:35 am   Permalink

Once again, I'll say this, as I've said before...You guys are lucky to have all these great, old, still in tact, TIKI Restaurants....We've got pretty much nothing left like that here in SoCal.

Looks like a good time was had by all.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-05-01 08:16 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-29 07:52 am   Permalink

Looks like a great time! Boy, I wish I could've made this one. It's almost September, right?

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 10:22 am   Permalink

I had such a great time.. I can't wait for September...

Lorna, if you're out there reading this....

You need to come up with a TC name and join us!!!!

Mahalo

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 11:40 am   Permalink

CaptainQuad and I had the best time! HUGE thank yous to Bargoyle, Pappy, Tikisgrl for her generous donations of prizes, and jpmartdog, Leisure Master and Birdgirl, Martiki-bird and Looie Kalua and Scottes for the hospitality, and Rev_Thumper and Kristiki for helping us pack up Sunday. We love you guys! And it was so great meeting Suzanne, Bogielocks, Lorna and Ramona!

I'll post pix soonish...

[ This Message was edited by: velveteenlounge 2008-04-29 11:42 ]

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 11:41 am   Permalink

I forgot Hula Cat! Thanks, Hula Cat--we love our new clothes!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-29 4:53 pm   Permalink

The pictures are great! Thank you for my "parting gifts" after Chuck's. I was buzzing all the way home. lol

~Ramona

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-29 5:22 pm   Permalink

It was great to see everyone again. I'm sure my camera contains some candid shots of all the usual suspects I'll get them posted eventually! Thanks for putting up with my carrot munching and Passover, not over blues. When is the next event? I'm really hungry for Chinese food for some reason?

Beth

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-01 05:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-29 17:22, Tikisgrl wrote:
When is the next event? I'm really hungry for Chinese food for some reason?

Funny, that was the first thing I wanted for dinner when we got home...mmm, leftover crab rangoons.

What an incredible weekend! It was great to see everyone again, and I suspect that I’ll be seeing many of you at Hukilau. Great photos everyone! I’m still getting around to downloading most of ours…

Thanks to everyone who hosted a room on Friday, and especially jpmartdog for letting us use his room as the central hangout point.

Here's Jon at the 'bar"

That chick is way too uptight...Giver her a drink already.

Many, many thanks to Bargoyle and Pappy for organizing yet another excellent tour of New England’s tiki places. See you in September for the next one (and hopefully sooner).
~Gina

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-03 5:44 pm   Permalink

Just got home from Chuck's China Inn and I'm happy to say that they proudly display the Tiki mask that was presented to them from the NETT Jr. tour.

Mike and Tony hoped we'd be back next year.

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation