FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving vbtiki pics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
vbtiki pics
Johnny Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-31 9:16 pm   Permalink

Very nice work VB !
I'm looking forward to doing some carving myself .

View Profile of Johnny Tiki Send a personal message to Johnny Tiki  Email Johnny Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-07 08:33 am   Permalink

this is a palm log that was pretty wet but i wanted to carve it anyway it was much quicker than expected i just have to holloow out the mouth area ill be at the shop tonight finishing it then i have a six footer that is a commission piece that needs to be carved as well

[ This Message was edited by: VBTIKI 2008-02-07 20:06 ]

View Profile of VBTIKI Send a personal message to VBTIKI  Email VBTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 2:50 pm   Permalink

Nice good to see you going at it.

Are you using your cell phone as a camera?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-07 8:08 pm   Permalink

i uploaded the photos from an old comp but i think i fixed them the picture doesnt really do it justice b/c the wood is two tone but it should look a little cleaner when finished.

View Profile of VBTIKI Send a personal message to VBTIKI  Email VBTIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 07:16 am   Permalink

Looking Excellent VB, keep it up and you will be among the best before you know it!.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-08 08:07 am   Permalink

thanx seeksurf and benzart i appreciate your input you have some very nice pieces yourself. i didnt get to the shop last night but i will tonight so that log should be done soon i get about four pics before the batteries on my camera die so i must have paranormal activity in the shop will take pics if i can.

TIKI SEA-LUFF
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-10 06:59 am   Permalink

Wow VB nice work bro! Your workshop is right by my house.(salt marsh point). Its cool to see some other VB guys on this thread.

Dont know if you guys heard or not but the oceanfront is getting a tiki bar! Since they tore down the Thunderbird on 35th street they are erecting a huge new expensivo hotel with a so called "tiki bar" down stairs on the board walk. I hope the stick to the traditional 50's style tiki bar. Anyways the thing is still being built but what i was thinking is that maybe local carvers should get together and see if they could get some of their pieces put in this new place. There is alot of talent out here(me excluded) and it would be nice to see local boys get some some of there hard work placed in a traditional tiki bar. Next time i go on a run or a bike ride i'll see if i can get some contact info.

Sorry bro i'm not trying to hijack your thread i just got all excited seeing some other VB cats on here. Keep up the good work mate and hopefully I' ll see ya around in the lineup, or out at the bars.
Cheers,
Tiki Sea-Luff

View Profile of TIKI SEA-LUFF Send a personal message to TIKI SEA-LUFF  Email TIKI SEA-LUFF     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 08:02 am   Permalink

Wow, that would be cool to have an actual tiki bar. We have several bars with some decent tiki decor but not the atmosphere. I hang out at Mai Bar/Baja Cantina a lot and they have some interesting tikis in there but I would be reluctant to call it an actual tiki bar.

Unfortunately if it is going up on the boardwalk it will probably end up being some sort of Buffet inspired bar rather than an actual tiki bar, after all everybody calls the deck at Rudee's a tiki bar and it doesn't even have a theme of any sort.

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-11 3:50 pm   Permalink

when i lived at the beach baja cantina was my spot i bet if you go there and have the waitress put the name "Buck" on the ticket your tacos will come back larger than life i ate there every week for almost two years i love those fish tacos w/pbr all night Buck is my name thats why they wrote in on the ticket it was an unspoken rule because i would bring tons into their business. they have some work from mai tiki in there too

Surf tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 07:31 am   Permalink

Yup, I'm there every Monday for dollar tacos and mystery beer, and sometimes on Thursday for 2 fer 1 tacos and 1.50 Tecate pounders, and sometimes on the weekends, I guess I'm there a lot (it's down the street from my house).

View Profile of Surf tiki Send a personal message to Surf tiki  Email Surf tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flat Black
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-31 18:15, VBTIKI wrote:
here's some pics of the latest tiki its the last piece of gum wood from a tree that was cut down at my parents house.

I like this guy a lot. Looks like it turned out great.

View Profile of Flat Black Send a personal message to Flat Black      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI SEA-LUFF
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-16 12:15 pm   Permalink

Dude I go to dolla tacs/ mystery beer every monday too! i love that stuff!! Baja has awesome fish tacos and lobster tacos on weds.

Anyways double checked on the tiki bar the beach and it was what i feared, just another ritzy poolside bar with no tiki style whatsoever but they still call it a "tiki bar". Hopefully someday someone will open one here at the beach...... Till then keep carving bros and i'll see yall at baja on mondays for life.......

View Profile of TIKI SEA-LUFF Send a personal message to TIKI SEA-LUFF  Email TIKI SEA-LUFF     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-16 2:30 pm   Permalink

thanx flat black i tried to sand it but it took off the sealant so i had to re burn sand then seal again but it looks better than the pic ill try to take a pic but my camera is actin up on me i finished the 6 footer yesterday ill put that pic up asap i picked up a new grinder that made quick work of the palm logs. yeah tiki sea luff thats what i heard from a friend of mine but maybe ill catch you at baja im long overdue for some tacos with baja sauce i would have abaja sauce drip into my arm if it was possible

[ This Message was edited by: VBTIKI 2008-02-16 14:33 ]

TIKI SEA-LUFF
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-16 3:30 pm   Permalink

Nice dude, the sauce at baja is rad! Once every other month i'll but the uber hott stuff on 1 taco just to let myself know i'm alive.

It looks like you are getting some nice logs. Your tikis keep getting better and better. Do you know anything about the carver on first colonial next to the napa? his stuff is sick!

peace bro,
Sea-luff

VBTIKI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-17 1:34 pm   Permalink

i have seen them and i had a customer that told me he had talked to him about puchasing one i think they go for 500-600 bones each so im sellin mine for about 100-200 for now. he does do some nice work though. im the poor mans tiki carver cause thats who i am and thats who i care about

[ This Message was edited by: VBTIKI 2008-02-17 13:38 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation