FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Collecting Tiki » » Need help listing this "Thing" on oogamooga??
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Need help listing this "Thing" on oogamooga??
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:00 pm   Permalink

I need help listing this on oogamooga. How should it be listed? it's not really tiki, but by a tiki artist. Its not really a mug too...?

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 18:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 18:21 ]

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:03 pm   Permalink

What is it?

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:04 pm   Permalink

pics are up

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:20 pm   Permalink

Have you checked the "help" page on Ooga-Mooga? It has an email address for questions, and a helpful FAQ section that begins with the following:
Quote:

Q. What can I keep in my Ooga-Mooga Collection? What doesn't belong in Ooga-Mooga?
A. Ooga-Mooga is for mugs and other serveware with design roots in midcentury Polynesian Pop. At this point, postcards, matchbooks, and other Polynesian Pop collectibles are not tracked by Ooga-Mooga.

It doesn't seem to me that your sculpture fits into the category described above. But that's just my opinion. Check with Humuhumu at the address on the help page and see what she says.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

"Ooga-Mooga lets you track your mug collection,
while showing it off to others!

Use Ooga-Mooga to:

Create a page for your own mug collection
Upload photos of your mugs
Organize your mug collection with tags
Learn more about your mugs (like what size drink fits best!)
Buy, sell and trade mugs with other collectors
Advertise eBay auctions of your mugs
Learn how much a mug has been selling for
Create a wish list of your favorite mugs
Get notified when a mug on your wish list comes up for sale or for trade"

While Ooga-Mooga did broaden its range last year to include salt & pepper shakers and other restaurant wares, its main focus is still mugs.

The participants are a fabulous mix of people who are wildly enthusiastic about tiki mugs.

Ooga-Mooga has a well defined scope, and it is up to the users to help maintain the integrity of the site.

Fuzz - I'm hoping that this was a nice way of asking that you not post this on Ooga-Mooga. There are many wonderful ways of displaying your prized tiki or non-tiki collectibles right here on Tiki Central. This thread that you've started is a great example of that.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:40 pm   Permalink

I will try that. But, I think that being it's an non-Tiki it won't work...I was just hoping to add something different. Again Thanks A Ton!

I have collected a tiki for a short time from 2001 - 2003, then stopped. Why? beer! I am a huge beer drinker... love the stuff! Rum is ok, but beer culture lives on. Favorite drinking spot is here in Mukilteo (good camping, in native dialect)
http://www.diamondknot.com/ I mostly drink the Industrial IPA.

Now, I have been into tiki again because of my girlfriend’s love of Trader Vic's here in Bellevue WA.

thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 6:47 pm   Permalink

"Fuzz - I'm hoping that this was a nice way of asking that you not post this on Ooga-Mooga. There are many wonderful ways of displaying your prized tiki or non-tiki collectibles right here on Tiki Central. This thread that you've started is a great example of that."

Love that comment! I agree too. Just wanted someplace to show this non-tiki tiki-artist made item! Blah, what a mouth full. I think that this should be en example for some artists of tiki to branch out as well. I mean, who wouldn't love a PoP, Rock, Rap, etc mug by your favorite tiki artist...even if it's not tiki!

Thanks a TON!

thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 7:20 pm   Permalink

So, oogamooga is for "tiki only" items right?

Just want to know.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 7:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-10 19:20, thefuzz wrote:
So, oogamooga is for "tiki only" items right?

Just want to know.

Technically, it's for Polynesian Pop items. I don't think that rum barrels and coconut mugs are "tiki," but they certainly qualify under the heading of Poly Pop.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 7:57 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

Technically, it's for Polynesian Pop items. I don't think that rum barrels and coconut mugs are "tiki," but they certainly qualify under the heading of Poly Pop.

[/quote]

Technically Polynesian pop. But, wait...is this Polynesian pop?

and not this???

Just confused a bit.

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 20:00 ]

I am not trying to be rude or mean. Just wanting to learn.

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 20:02 ]

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-17 08:30 ]

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 8:10 pm   Permalink

Disclaimer: I'm speaking for no one other than myself here.

The Bosko skull is totally Poly Pop.

The Rotting Flesh mug starts pushing the limits of the definition.

Skulls tend to remind us of headhunters and pirates, so they pretty much fit the bill.

By the way, I'm really enjoying this discussion.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 8:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-10 18:47, thefuzz wrote:
"Fuzz - I'm hoping that this was a nice way of asking that you not post this on Ooga-Mooga. There are many wonderful ways of displaying your prized tiki or non-tiki collectibles right here on Tiki Central. This thread that you've started is a great example of that."

Love that comment! I agree too. Just wanted someplace to show this non-tiki tiki-artist made item! Blah, what a mouth full. I think that this should be en example for some artists of tiki to branch out as well. I mean, who wouldn't love a PoP, Rock, Rap, etc mug by your favorite tiki artist...even if it's not tiki!

Thanks a TON!

I'd like to see Flavor Flav turned into a tiki mug!

Maybe Crazy Al would step up to do this one.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 8:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

The Rotting Flesh mug starts pushing the limits of the definition.

Skulls tend to remind us of headhunters and pirates, so they pretty much fit the bill.

By the way, I'm really enjoying this discussion.

I like discussing with this too.
I really, really agree...I know some about tiki, but I have been learning more and more in the years after 2003. After I stopped with tiki around then. I started collecting coins so. Yes COINS! BAH! If you have any questions about silver and stuff let me know

I do have a question about clear mugs? are a clear Mai Tai Trader Vic mug considered a mug??? or as with most of us drinkers...a glass

I also should let members know who I am...where should I post that..as a new member and all?

I also have an old action figure made of me
http://www.mcphee.com/fuzz/

I work for Accoutrements they have made some bad mugs in the past. Look too oogamooga for the collection

http://www.accoutrements.com/

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-17 09:34 ]

thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 8:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'd like to see Flavor Flav turned into a tiki mug!

Maybe Crazy Al would step up to do this one.

Would it have a "real" working clock???? Functional and stylish!

thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 8:52 pm   Permalink

I just now noticed that Bamboo Ben quoted me! ***star-struck****

Hey Ben, Let me know if you want to trade a signed action figure of mine for a signed mug of yours

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation