FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Need help listing this "Thing" on oogamooga??
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Need help listing this "Thing" on oogamooga??
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 9:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-10 20:52, thefuzz wrote:
I just now noticed that Bamboo Ben quoted me! ***star-struck****

Hey Ben, Let me know if you want to trade a signed action figure of mine for a signed mug of yours

You're gonna have to take that up with Holden.

I had nothing to do with that mug. Serious.

He might like one of your action figures next to his "Dude".

p.s. Star Struck?? Fuck That! We are all one people here!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
smgleason47
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 12:13 pm   Permalink

Now I feel starstruck...theFuzz is on Tiki Central. People we are in the presence of greatness. For you TCers who are not farmiliar with the Fuzz action figure - follow his link and check it out - HILARIOUS!!

I bought one of your action figures last year as a gift for my uncle - it is wonderfully inane. Anyways welcome to the TC ranks - hope to share a mai-tai (or martini) with you sometime.

michael g

p.s. looked under your TC info and you are listed as an accountant!! Never would have guessed that one!!

View Profile of smgleason47 Send a personal message to smgleason47  Email smgleason47     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-15 08:28 am   Permalink

Yeah, being an accountant is fun! the only time its not, is when you have to talk to other accountants.

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-15 1:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-10 20:35, thefuzz wrote:

PPS I also have an old action figure made of me http://www.mcphee.com/fuzz/

BBCode Quote End -->

Lucky Bastard. I always thought it would be cool to have an Unkle John Action figure.
Comes with washboard, sketch book, a 6pack of Lone Star Beer, and of course a tiki mug (not to drink the beer from). Expansion packs would include Aunt JuJu, home tiki bar, flamed out pick up, and interchangeable clothes. Sigh maybe one day. For now I guess I can at least get a figure of The Fuzz and modify it... or mix the albino bowler with the lunch lady.

Texas Tikiphiles Unite!

[ This Message was edited by: Unkle John 2008-01-15 13:04 ]

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-16 6:39 pm   Permalink

If you go on the "other Mug" template on Ooga Mooga you will find everything from carvings,figurines, to plush dolls. There is even a Magic Eight Ball "mug" on there. Why shouldn't this be placed in there as well?

View Profile of tiki-lee Send a personal message to tiki-lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-16 6:40 pm   Permalink

The certificate of authenticity does state that it is a tiki mug.

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-lee 2008-01-16 18:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-lee 2008-01-16 18:42 ]

View Profile of tiki-lee Send a personal message to tiki-lee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-16 7:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-16 18:39, tiki-lee wrote:
If you go on the "other Mug" template on Ooga Mooga you will find everything from carvings,figurines, to plush dolls. There is even a Magic Eight Ball "mug" on there. Why shouldn't this be placed in there as well?

Again, Ooga-Mooga has a well defined scope, and it is up to the users to help maintain the integrity of the site.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-16 8:17 pm   Permalink

Integrity has no place in fun which is what the site is for. I am putting my Avon cologne tiki car on there tomorrow.

Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-17 01:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-10 19:57, thefuzz wrote:

Technically, it's for Polynesian Pop items. I don't think that rum barrels and coconut mugs are "tiki," but they certainly qualify under the heading of Poly Pop."Tiki-Kate"

[/quote]

Technically Polynesian pop. But, wait...is this Polynesian pop?

and not this???

Just confused a bit.

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 20:00 ]

I am not trying to be rude or mean. Just wanting to learn.

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-10 20:02 ]

I wanted to add my 2 cents worth at this point as I too have been questioning many items posted in the last year. I think Tiki-Kate & Jen Tiki pointed out the "Rules" posted in Ooga Mooga on page 1. of this post very helpful btw. The site was truly developed for Tiki Mugs and mugs of Poly-Pop Culture as the site clearly states. While this opens a wide spectrum of mug types, not to mention that Humuhumu last year opened it up to "Salt & Peppers" out of need, the rules are clear and often broken. Perhaps in the future Humu will build another data base for serve ware etc? That's another topic.
But for now, again, I think the rules are clear, and though many collect Chihuahua statues, toys, carved tiki's, candles, lamps etc; I love collecting some of those items as well and I would love to show them off somewhere O.M. is still not the place and I stand very firm on this idea. It's frustrating to me to have to "trip" over them to get to a mug page and never mind that they can screw up the stats. It calms me to know there will most likely NEVER be a template for those items as they clearly don't belong in O.M. Believe me, I don't loose sleep over this as the world turns, there is after all Cancer, Lupus & Wars... but the effort has been made to build Ooga Mooga a much needed data base as well as an Excellent one and I would like to keep it that way.
As far as some of the pictures you posted as in the above, Tiki-Kate exsplained does fall in the category of "Tiki Poly-Pop". The photo in question above "Munktiki's Rotten Skin"..every picture tells a story right... I think skulls are excepted for many reasons one being I like to think a mighty Headhunter brought that one back and it's mine. This too might help to enlighten you, in Ooga Mooga the rules state to only use pictures that belong to you, as O.M. does not want any legal trouble. In Tiki Central I do not think that rule applies but it's nice to credit the use of a fellow members item or ask for it's use so that one doesn't feel attacked or taken advantage of.
I am still not sure what the item is that your wanting to post? is it a sign like a hang tag or the card that accompanies a LTD mug? then put it in 1 picture frame with the mug & post it. If it's not a "Tiki Mug" or "Poly Mug" S&P, then it doesn't belong in O.M.
You have a very nice collection, I enjoyed viewing it very much, wish there were photos of the mugs? and I'm wishing you a late Ooga Mooga Welcome!

P.S. theFuzz,,, Tiki-Kate is the gal that updates the O.M. templates and is so very knowledgeable about mugs so I am sure she will be able to offer some great advise and a billion Mahalo's to Humuhumu, missin' your input here on this post

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2008-01-17 01:54 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-17 01:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

Oh well duh! come on....

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-17 08:58 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2008-01-17 01:47, Hiphipahula wrote:
Quote:

in Ooga Mooga the rules state to only use pictures that belong to you, as O.M. does not want any legal trouble. In Tiki Central I do not think that rule applies but it's nice to credit the use of a fellow members item or ask for it's use so that one doesn't feel attacked or taken advantage of.

Sorry, it was Not my intention to corner anyone or anything. I certainly don't want Johnny Law looking for a fight, so I have removed the images of question from My original post. Again sorry for using an image that was not mine to use.

In other things, I haven't posted pictures of my mugs on O.M. because I am too lazy I will soon though, most likely on a one by one basis.

I agree that only Poly-Pop mugs and ceramics should be posted onto O.M. so I will not post this item on there.

[ This Message was edited by: thefuzz 2008-01-17 09:35 ]

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-lee
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-17 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-17 01:58, Hiphipahula wrote:
Quote:

Oh well duh! come on....

Wow! Thats a great point. You are so insiteful. Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-lee 2008-01-17 13:39 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation