[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Bizarre Theme Party Ideas
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Bizarre Theme Party Ideas
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-17 12:03 pm   Permalink

Me and my mates have decided to come up with (and throw) the most bizarre themed party we can come up with. So I thought perhaps some TC members would like to provide input! The idea is that it is a theme that no-one would think of doing, yet is still do-able.

Some thoughts:

Flemish Fun Friday

The Dairy Farm Party

The Party-odic Table of Elements

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cynfulcynner
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-17 4:05 pm   Permalink

How about a preschool party? Everyone wears adult diapers and plays with toys while watching Schoolhouse Rock. The punch has been spiked, of course.

View Profile of cynfulcynner Send a personal message to cynfulcynner      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 07:03 am   Permalink

Foiled again
Try to see how many different and fun costumes you can make out of foil.
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DaneTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 4:40 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: DaneTiki 2009-08-30 19:25 ]

View Profile of DaneTiki Send a personal message to DaneTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-02-19 4:58 pm   Permalink

How about this:

"The Donner Party"

It is a winter party where the food at the table is labeled with the names of colonial pioneers, on makeshift crosses ("Which salsa do I want, Jeb or Karen?")

There are lots of great puns possible ("We'd like to have you for dinner!") and the invitations could be crudely drawn maps. Attire: coonskin caps and bonets. I think there's a lot you can do with this, depending on how far you want to take it (please, don't take it too far).

Okay, it's pretty sick. But it was a long time ago.

(for you Canadians, The Donner Party was a large group of westward settlers who got snowed in trying to cross a mountain pass. Most (if not all) died, and ended up eating each other in order to survive.)

~Hanford

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 6:39 pm   Permalink

Oh, I am familiar weith the Donner PArty! In fact I think I have cracked more than my fair share of Donner Party jokes myself.. only to get blank stares from my friends. It sucks to be a historical pop culture junkie sometimes...

That's an awesome idea... and all the food could just have quotes around it like "Chicken" kebabs... "Beef" stew... all it takes is a bit of punctuation to make you wonder...

I also like the Kingston Trio idea - but again, it would just meet with the blank stares... ahhhh!

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 6:45 pm   Permalink

Speaking of the Donner Party:

In the spirit of cross cultural creepy clan story swapping, may I present... THE BLACK DONNELLYS!

http://www.donnellys.com/

johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 7:33 pm   Permalink

When I was reading through the Black Donnelly's webpage, I got to the part that mentioned the disappearance of the original Donnelly gravestone and it reminded me of a distinctive gravestone legend here in Baltimore...

http://www.baltimoremd.com/content/blackaggie.html

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Lanai in exotic Bel Air MD!

[ This Message was edited by: johntiki on 2003-02-19 19:40 ]

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMikey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 02:13 am   Permalink

This is from the Ghost of Bizzare Theme Party Ideas Past. When I was in college (early 80's) my frat had a "generic" party. At that time generic canned (& other) foods - white label stating what it was, big bar codes - were just coming to your local grocery stores. They had generic beer, too! Yeh, we bought some. We also put up giant bar codes on white butcher paper with the word "banner", hung black & white streamers, used white styrofoam cups for drinks, labeled darn near *everything* in that generic style, & wore white t-shirts with bar codes and "student", "drunk" & many others I can't remember.

One of those things where ya had to be there, I guess!

[ This Message was edited by: TikiMikey on 2003-02-20 02:14 ]

View Profile of TikiMikey Send a personal message to TikiMikey  Email TikiMikey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 05:55 am   Permalink

Brilliant! And Did you play P.I.L.'s "Album" and "cassette" all night?

Great Party Idea!

Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 06:38 am   Permalink

Great idea! You should also listen to Flipper's 'Generic' album which came out many years before PIL's. PIL's classic 'Metal Box' idea was all their own, tho'.

As for party ideas, there's always Tiki parties, but people rarely are forced to dress AS Tikis. I once went to a 'meat party' where only meat was served, and yes, it was pretty gross, despite being a carnivore (well, omnivore). Another rather disasterous party from that era was a jello-wrestling party where someone tipped out all the jello from the 'ring' (a kiddies play-pool) in the first few minutes and the organisers had to replace it with warm oatmeal.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 10:02 am   Permalink

BRANIFF PARTY:
Guys dress like 60's business men and Gals like husband stealing, Sexy Stews. Hooch comes in little bottles, food in pre-packaged colorless portions. Everyone tries to have sex in the (tiny) bathroom.

TALIBAN PARTY:
No shaving, drinking, music, movies, western clothing, paper, singing, dancing, mingling with the opposite sex, fun etc,. Women conveniently come dressed in their shrouds.

DEER HUNTER PARTY:
One revolver, one bullet, all the "Tiger" beer you can drink. Red head scarves mandatory.

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
purple jade
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 5:43 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: purple jade 2006-03-20 21:10 ]

View Profile of purple jade Send a personal message to purple jade  Email purple jade Goto the website of purple jade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 6:13 pm   Permalink

SAMMI DAVIS/SAMMY DAVIS,JR. ALTERNATE UNIVERSE:
Guest impersonate the swinging Yank or Brit actress BUT, as a character in one of the others films.

A MESSAGE TO YOU RUDY GIULIANI:
Come as your favorite former NYC mayor transported to 1967 Jamaica or 1979 London.

BOB CRANE'S POOL PARTY

RADLEY METZGER'S BUSY SINGLES NETWORKING BASH

and of course:

ABU DHABI a GO-GO!

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
divychic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 6:33 pm   Permalink

Cool idea about the board game pieces. What about a hanna barbara salute. Come as your favorite old cartoon/show charator favorite such as Hong Kong Phooey, Captain Caveman, Snagglepuss, Josie and the Pussycats, Sigmond and the Seamonsters(my all time favorite), Scooby Doo, and so on...

View Profile of divychic Send a personal message to divychic  Email divychic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation