FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events inkylouise and smiley in Scottsdale Az. 01/12/08
inkylouise and smiley in Scottsdale Az. 01/12/08
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-12 3:22 pm   Permalink

Dear Phoenix Centralites,

We have decided on a last minute trip to your fair city for the night. We will be at Trader Vics for cocktails at 7:30 dinner there at 8. Please stop by and say hi and down a few. We will probably go for a little bar hop after.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2008-01-14 07:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2008-01-14 07:38 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 07:38 am   Permalink

What a blast we all had!! Going to a nice MODERN Trader Vic's that blended Vic's styling with a modern feel, was indeed a treat after having gone to our local Vega$ one a few times in the past few months. The food and service were great (although the kitchen was having a little delay in the beginning--the place was PACKED!).

We were Too stuffed and satiated with drinks that night to go anywhere else except out fairly night "cool-vibe" renovated hotel 2 miles away, the 3 Palms. The new day we roamed around and for night had a FANTASTIC dinner at a great fifties steakhouse in Phoenix , Durants and for a nightcap before returning to the airport, we went to the Dive-y and old Bikini Lounge. ZAZZ-what a fun weekend!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-14 09:27 am   Permalink

"PSSSSTTTT! PSSHSSSSST! We had a good time too!" R + H

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 11:17 am   Permalink

I wished you could have invited me!!

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-tina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 4:06 pm   Permalink

Oh Drat! We missed you guys! AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

We would have loved to connect with you two...too bad I didn't see this post until NOW!

Happy to hear you guys had a great time here. I hear the 3 Palms is nice, but since I live here, I have not yet stayed there..what did y'all think? I love the Valley Ho, but those rates...my goodness!

Sat was really, really low key for us (we actually stayed home!...Man why didn't I read TC!?!)
And Sunday, we went up to Payson/Kohl's Ranch and Christopher Creek to see the snow before having a forgettable dinner and then heading to Chez Nous for some funky soul (I just love Chez Nous...so dark and old school cool...If Barry White was a bar, he'd be Chez Nou ) and since we were in the neighborhood, we stopped by the Bikini for a final nightcap at about midnight, just in time to see the black dog and DJ .

And we just LOVE DURANTS ....it's got to be one of my favorite places...gotta love that entrance thru the kitchen and oh my, the flocked wall paper...I feel so grown up when we go there.

Again, sorry we missed you guys but delighted to hear you had a fun time! Next time you're in town, please drop us an email and we'll be sure to meet you! We owe you now .

[ This Message was edited by: tiki-tina 2008-01-14 16:09 ]

View Profile of tiki-tina Send a personal message to tiki-tina      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-01-28 09:35 am   Permalink

Will do! We do not need much motivation to go down to your home town, that Vic's is really great!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 12:08 pm   Permalink

INKY! Inkylouise is Zazz!

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-02-04 12:49 pm   Permalink

Mrs. Zazz to you!

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation