FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts A Tiki Painting.
A Tiki Painting.
Mad Cap Romanian

Posted: 2008-01-12 11:28 pm   Permalink

Aloha from Alberta.

My name's Trevor, but you can call me the Mad Cap Romanian.

My eyes were opened up to the Tiki world in 2005 from reading a magazine called Ol' Skool Rodz which had an advertisement for Tiki Farm Tiki mugs. I have been selling Tiki Farm mugs in my hobby store, Monster Hobbies, in High River, Alberta, Canada since March of 2006.

Recently, I thought of painting my own Tiki pictures and selling them in my store to see how things would turn out.

Just tonight, I found this web site and I thought I would post one of my Tiki paintings here to see what you guys and girls think of my art work. I'm not a Shag, Dirty Donny or Pizz of any means, but I found a new love of art in the Tiki world and thought I would do a series of paintings to show this.

This painting is one of twelve of it's kind and I have been working on this series since late December 2007, trying, as best as I can, do do one painting a day. I am hoping to achieve 30 of these little paintings over the next few months. Enjoy this first one!

This is the "Yellow Tiki". He's painted on a 4"x6" panel and I sold him in my Hobby Shop, Monster Hobbies, for $40.

Let me know what you think and I'll look forward to seeing your comments in the morning.

Talk to you soon!

Mad Cap.

View Profile of Mad Cap Romanian Send a personal message to Mad Cap Romanian  Goto the website of Mad Cap Romanian     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 08:19 am   Permalink

Nice one man. I think for many of us, the first nod to Tiki was Mugs.
Cheers!
Tiki King

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mad Cap Romanian

Posted: 2008-01-15 7:16 pm   Permalink

ThanX man!

I have more in this series, but I'm not too sure if I should post them or not.

View Profile of Mad Cap Romanian Send a personal message to Mad Cap Romanian  Goto the website of Mad Cap Romanian     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-15 9:24 pm   Permalink

Very cool....Dont be shy.....Post some more pics.....it's always nice to see what others are doing!!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation