FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Tales of the Cocktail Event In New Orleans
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tales of the Cocktail Event In New Orleans
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 12:16 pm   Permalink

So who all is going to this block party? I hope to, but I'm waiting to see the results of dad's surgery this week before buying a ticket. Hope to get over there and see some of y'all there!

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 3:20 pm   Permalink

We got canceled even though they're still using our photos, bios and killer aloha.
Never heard a peep from them except "uhhhh...... never mind."

Whatever. Jeff Berry and martiki are worth the trip.
You don need no steenking Mugs.

We woulda rocked it though. Absolutely.

I'm saving it all up now for HHHH in Columbus where I will ignite my uke and explode in a blue 151 flame ball.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 10:54 am   Permalink

Aw, crap. I was looking forward to seeing youse guys. I guess I'll just have to console myself with cocktails.

TIKI KON 2012: Ten Year Tour! AUG 3-5, 2012: Portland, OR

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 12:01 pm   Permalink

Hmm...if all you got was, "nevermind," that kinda makes me question the event...maybe I won't bother after all...I was debating over whether I wanted to do that or just go ahead and try to take one more big trip before school starts again...guess I'll skip the block party and start looking for tickets to CA or something.
Anyone else planning on being at the Tales of the Cocktail block party? If tickets to CA are too expensive, I might still try it....*undecided*

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 12:20 pm   Permalink

Yes! I will be there as well as, I believe, Liesure Master and Urban Tiki - at least.

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:07 pm   Permalink

Hell yeah!

Not sure about UT though...

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:14 pm   Permalink

Hmmm...LeisureMaster...you are the guy with pics of yourself in your underwear on the subway, right? Well, this party is sounding fun after all! lol

leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-09 15:14, SouthBamaTiki wrote:
Hmmm...LeisureMaster...you are the guy with pics of yourself in your underwear on the subway, right? Well, this party is sounding fun after all! lol

Damn interweb....

then again, we're talkin' about New Orleans in mid-July...will anyone be wearing pants?

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2008-07-09 15:36 ]

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:29 pm   Permalink

Just a note, since the thread seems fairly relevant.

The Bum, will be leading a Session,
Potions of the Caribbean, where Melintur, Rick from Kaiser Penguin, and I will be shaking drinks like madmen trying to keep up with the session.

More info about the session is available on the talesblog post.

Come on down Saturday morning, and learn about these luxurious libations while drinking them!

TraderTiki.com
Exotic Syrups for Tropical Mixology!

View Profile of Trader Tiki Send a personal message to Trader Tiki  Email Trader Tiki Goto the website of Trader Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-09 3:41 pm   Permalink

Saw the Bum's presentation at Hukilau and it was great - LOVED his pointing device.

There was a slight snafu on the drinks though - #3 didn't come out for tasting until after the show was over. He'll probably have you guys working hard to get them out on time.

I'm pretty sure I'll go see it again, but it's too bad they put it in the morning.

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2008-07-09 15:43 ]

SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 5:18 pm   Permalink

Looks like I have to pick Trevor up at the airport in NOLA sometime that weekend, so maybe I will go ahead and make a weekend of it and join the party. Wonder if there is a deadline to buy tickets. If I show up, who am I going to see, and who is going to have a drink with me? For $50, it better be one hell of a party...I know of a lot of fun free bars in the Quarter! lol

Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 11:22 pm   Permalink

The fabulous Ms Jeanne Vidrine (Queen of New Orleans) will be serving cocktails at Jeff and Martin's talk, and it looks like I too will be making this event! It just looks too good to miss! Whoo-HOO!! (But Pablus, I am *way* bummed you won't be there! )

The space between Hukilau and Oasis keeps getting narrower and narrower...
F

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tattoomama

Posted: 2008-08-04 02:18 am   Permalink

i'm an old friend of ms. vidrine's, i'd just like to say hi to her.

View Profile of tattoomama Send a personal message to tattoomama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation