advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music I Want a Head Like the Head You See on Easter Island
I Want a Head Like the Head You See on Easter Island
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 09:50 am   Permalink

Sometimes you discover something that turns the day from ordinary into something completely delightful.

The following clip is a performance piece by the Melbourne High School Singers, from their 2007 Winter concert. It starts out with what appears to be a bland group of blazer-and-tie clad young men in a typical glee club concert setting. But soon you hear some Denny-ish bird calls, the group starts singing, and things get rather interesting from there.

The song is very enjoyable, and sounds like something I would want to hear King Kukulele or Waitiki perform. And yes, how can you complain about a song whose main refrain is "I Want a Head like the Head you See on Easter Island"

The song, 'Easter Island Head' was originally recorded by an acapella group named Throat Culture.

p.s. The same Melbourne Choir above also does a pretty entertaining version of the song 'Personality'

[ This Message was edited by: ikitnrev 2008-01-14 10:02 ]

View Profile of ikitnrev Send a personal message to ikitnrev  Email ikitnrev     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 10:18 am   Permalink

Yeah, I'm sure I've heard that song on the Kahiki last day DVD someone sent me.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-14 10:25 am   Permalink

That was very good!!

Thanks for posting that Vern!!

Cheers and Mahalo,

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-14 10:26 am   Permalink

Loved it! Thanks for posting.

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation