[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Exotica time machine
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Exotica time machine
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 11:57 am   Permalink

More like an iMod.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sputnikmoss
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 12:05 pm   Permalink

Thanks! The Blaupunkt was the first piece of "furniture" my husband and I bought together. We used it basically for show for a long time until I moved out all my husband's vintage radios and telephones (sorry honey!) and moved in all my mugs and exotica records. The phonograph box was really dirty and full of cigarette ashes so it had obviously been used at many a rager back in the day. I cleaned everything out and it sounds great! I just have to remember to wait for the tubes to warm up before I crank the volume...I scare myself everytime thinking it's not on then CA-KAW!..damn that Martin Denny! We have been able to get Russia on the shortwave at night too!

View Profile of sputnikmoss Send a personal message to sputnikmoss  Email sputnikmoss Goto the website of sputnikmoss     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-31 9:00 pm   Permalink

I collect reel to reel tapes, both stereo and quad, as I mentioned before. I play them on a TEAC A 3440 that I bought new in the early 80s, so I am the original owner. For a while it was the best audio source I had. Then I upgraded my turntable to a VPI and my CD player to a Cary. Now the tapes are in third place.

So where do I go from here? What deck should I be using? I remember Revox being sought after back in the day. I can keep the Teac for the quad stuff and get a second stereo deck.

Recommendations?

-Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation