FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Follynesia - Postponed Sept 14-20th 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Follynesia - Postponed Sept 14-20th 2009
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-12 09:29 am   Permalink

We can now confirm that Beachbum Berry is going to be making the scene at the oceanfront house for Follynesia! He and Bosko have been poking around California for vintage Tiki about as long as anybody and they share their tales of exploration with us. The Bum will be telling of his great cocktail adventures and we will of course mix up a batch of something wonderful to taste.

Yet more reasons to get on the mailing list and get ready to make your reservation for this week of old school fun and surf...

Visir www.Follynesia.com to sign up

And yes, we are working on more great things to come!

So, get this, for less than you could get a room for a couple of nights on Folly Beach, you will get:

• A week on the beach, oceanfront at Folly
  • A carving class with Bosko and Basement Kahuna
  • A Tropical cocktail talk and drink tasting with the man who literally wrote the book on Tropical cocktails, The Bum
  • A talk on the early exploration of California Tiki with Bosko and The Bum. These guys were looking for Tiki just about before anybody in our generation
  • Live jams playing surf and hapa haole
  • A California Tiki history lesson from Bosko and The Bum
  • A kick off party at the Junglero Lounge
  • Great surfing if you want
  • Charleston just minutes away to explore
  • Swap and share Tiki ephemera collections
  • My vintage islands slide show
  • Preview of the DVD of Tiki
  • Viewing of my tribute to Kahiki DVD
  • A nice Low Country boil of fresh seafood...

Doesn't get much better than that!

[ This Message was edited by: swanky 2008-06-30 04:58 ]

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-13 04:57 am   Permalink

Still looks like Lots of Fun.
AND, LOOKIT those Logs all Standing up and Ready to carve in the shade Under the house Fun Fun Fun?

"Swanky and I are tossing around ideas for carving tables, etc."

Back, from beach/boardwalk

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 08:12 am   Permalink

We are working to get the registration open soon, so if you are not on the news list, you need to get on it now. Find it here.

Due to hax0rs, the site we registered isn't in our name. In the mean time, go to the link above.

Reserved packages will be available soon. What will you get?

• A week on the beach in Folly Beach, SC. Private bedroom in a great beach house with great people. Minutes from Charleston.
  • Weekend carving class headed by Bosko and assisted by Basement Kahuna
  • Tropical Cocktail Show and Taste with Jeff "Beachbum" Berry
  • Pablus of the Crazed Mugs performing live at the house
  • Live surf band on the beach
  • Meet and Greet at Howland's fantastic Jungalero Lounge
  • Tiki History talk with Bosko and The Bum
  • Low Country Boil of fresh seafood beachside
  • Viewing of "DVD of Tiki" preview, plus Swanky's vintage islands slide collection, plus Kahiki tribute DVD, and more
  • Vintage tiki bar ephemera show and swap

And we're working on more...

The house has 7 bedrooms and 4 baths. Rooms will be reserved on a first come basis. The King and Queen bedrooms will go fast! There will also be tickets for anyone not staying in the beach house.

This is a great opportunity to enjoy a relaxing and fun vacation with the ohana! Folly in September is fantastic. Warm ocean water. Great weather. No tourists. Great surfing, beachcombing, swimming, etc.

The house is available from September 8th to the 15th, and you can arrive any time in the week. The main events will be the weekend of the 12-14th.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 12:41 pm   Permalink

I'm really looking forward to this.

Howland, get me 2 long boards and staple them together length wise so I can get on a wave. I put the Cow in Cowabunga.

Also, Jeff Berry will taste one of Basement Kahuna's Concubines whether he wants to or not and will add it to his next book. Guaranteed.

I'm going to do a 4 hour tribute to Barry Manilow on the Uke. Should be really invigorating. Like a Nora Ephron screenplay.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 1:56 pm   Permalink

Any way to get an idea of the cost of this, I think this is going to be an amazing time, but I would like to get an idea if it is even in my ability to fit in my budget.

Mahalo

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 7:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-26 13:56, Kahu wrote:
Any way to get an idea of the cost of this, I think this is going to be an amazing time, but I would like to get an idea if it is even in my ability to fit in my budget.

Mahalo

Tickets for those not staying in the beach house will be around $100 for the whole weekend of events.

The pricing ranges from about $700 for a King bedroom for the week and down to around $300 for one of the twin or bunk beds for the week. That's the package deal and is a week in the beach house and the carving class and everything included. We are still tweaking it and will hopefully have it ready by the end of the weekend for reservations. That should give you an idea.

Compared to the $150 a night rate at the Holiday Inn down the street, this is an incredible deal for an incredible week.

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2008-06-26 19:38 ]

Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 8:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-26 12:41, pablus wrote:

Also, Jeff Berry will taste one of Basement Kahuna's Concubines whether he wants to or not

Watch your tongue Pablus!
I married one of them.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 8:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-26 12:41, pablus wrote:

I'm really looking forward to this.

Howland, get me 2 long boards and staple them together length wise so I can get on a wave. I put the Cow in Cowabunga.

Gotcha covered, P--maybe I'll be able to fashion you up your own outrigger and you can play sweet Hawaiian serenades from the surf to us! We'll christen her and she shall be called 'The Fab'lus Pablus'!

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-26 10:22 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2008-06-26 19:35, Swanky wrote:
Quote:

down to around $300 for one of the twin or bunk beds for the week. That's the package deal and is a week in the beach house and the carving class and everything included. We are still tweaking it and will hopefully have it ready by the end of the weekend for reservations. That should give you an idea.

That is great news, for what you have planned, that is a great weeks worth for the cost.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 06:00 am   Permalink

[quote]
On 2008-06-26 22:22, Kahu wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-06-26 19:35, Swanky wrote:
Quote:

down to around $300 for one of the twin or bunk beds for the week. That's the package deal and is a week in the beach house and the carving class and everything included. We are still tweaking it and will hopefully have it ready by the end of the weekend for reservations. That should give you an idea.

That is great news, for what you have planned, that is a great weeks worth for the cost.

Yep. At around $300 per person to stay on the beach in Folly for a week is unheard of. Throw in The Bum, Bosko, BK, Pablus, live surf music, cocktails made to perfection... Well, it's off the charts!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-27 4:08 pm   Permalink

So, I can reserve a a lower bunk right now? PLEASE!

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 10:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-27 16:08, Kahu wrote:
So, I can reserve a a lower bunk right now? PLEASE!

Not yet, but soon. If you are on the mailing list, click it when you get the news...

Bunk bed is about $44 a night, and minus the event price, it's more like $24 a night...

[ This Message was edited by: Swanky 2008-06-28 10:28 ]

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 4:09 pm   Permalink

It's now open for reservations.

Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 4:20 pm   Permalink

Man that looks like a great time! I hope everybody has a blast.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-02 6:44 pm   Permalink

We need more Californians. Always. More.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation