FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Follynesia - Postponed Sept 14-20th 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Follynesia - Postponed Sept 14-20th 2009
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 3:44 pm   Permalink

For the next two weeks, you can reserve your space at a discount of $50 per person! Check the new prices and reserve your room before the 21st and save!

Follynesia Site

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-07 8:27 pm   Permalink

Just sent you an email about the event.

View Profile of Kahu Send a personal message to Kahu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-08 05:35 am   Permalink

Just to clarify. If you reserve a bed(room) in the beach house, there are no additional tickets required. It's all included. The ticket prices are just for those not staying at the beach house.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-12 12:28 pm   Permalink

We are half way full! If you are planning to attend, drop me a line. Even if you are not quite ready to pay, we can set your room aside for you.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 1:22 pm   Permalink

I know Brad would have posted this, but I think he's playing hooky and out there fighting the swarm of locals catching some of the best surf this year. Head high and glassy all day long... These are the conditions where people just quit their jobs and go and figure out what they'll do once it's over...

Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-07-14 13:22, Swanky wrote:

I know Brad would have posted this, but I think he's playing hooky and out there fighting the swarm of locals catching some of the best surf this year. Head high and glassy all day long... These are the conditions where people just quit their jobs and go and figure out what they'll do once it's over...

Yes, you beat me to it--and you hit the nail on the head. I've been in the water for HOURS today. Caught some morning surf, walked up to Snapper Jack's for a little lunch then back in the water. Not quite as big today as in the above photo I sent you yesterday but much cleaner. Wifey had to literally come down to the beach and flag me down to get me out of the water for dinner this evening. I'm whooped! Not to mention sunburnt, red-eyed, shriveled up, sand in places it shouldn't be, etc. Big fun courtesy of tropical storm Bertha! Funny thing: some of the more laid back businesses here go by the '6 foot rule'. If there's 6 foot surf then it's an automatic day off--because the employers know the surfers in the workplace are not going to show up anyway

As a side note and back to Follynesia: There's plenty of shade and carving space under the house, still only a stones throw from the beach. So if you don't want to get all lobstered up in the sun we'll have carving tables set up under the house (10 foot ceilings and sand 'floor') and just outside from under the house for those who might want to get their tan on while choppin'.

Get signed up--hurry, hurry, hurry!

The Curse of Howland Island

[ This Message was edited by: Howland 2008-07-14 19:15 ]

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-14 11:17 pm   Permalink

Nice surf Brad, did I mention I'm jealous?

Look at the lines to the horizon...

Wish it would have been a month ago!

I hope your sunburn hurts!

Would love to be with you guys on Folly, but I'm going to follow my art to San Diego in September, and hopefully score some sliders in San Diego and Orange County the week after!

[ This Message was edited by: Lake Surfer 2008-07-14 23:18 ]

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-19 08:31 am   Permalink

Sorry Swanky can't make this one.
Coon tiki was the best though.
I would tell anyone they should go to this event,
as these events have a great vibe.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-22 2:44 pm   Permalink

This is the last week for reservations, and the reduced prices will be extended for the week.

Let us know now if you intend to attend.

Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 6:00 pm   Permalink

Whether it is due to the economy, or this year being the Final Hukilau and drawing our potential guests there, or something else, we have not gotten enough confirmed attendees to make it possible to have the event. So we are canceling the event for 2008 and looking to next year. We are excited about the event and wish we could have shared this great time with everyone. We'll let you know when we have info for next year.

Thanks for your support!

I especially thank Bosko who has been very generous with his time and energies; Jeff Berry, who really wanted to be there but other events took him away; Pablus for saying "yes" because that's just the sort of aloha spirit he has; to Basement Kahuna who was ready to be there before we even discussed it; to Tiki Bob for volunteering without being asked, and most especially to Howland for really being the person behind all this and working VERY hard on it.

We'll start looking to next year and see what we can come up with!

pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 9:23 pm   Permalink

AHHHHHHHHH!

I want to surf.
I've been riding my bike every day, trying to get in some form of "shape" so that I can surf. This is obviously my fault - I swear I'll be in surfing shape soon. (At least compared to manatees or hippos.)

HECK!

Looks like we'll have to schedule a little "thang" on the sly, Swanky. I'm sure me, you and Brad could have a pretty good time. And my brother lives in Asheville - I could have him kidnap Jeff. He's definitely experienced in absconding with purloined goods since he decided to play the drums. (No offense Squid but I mean - obviously you're a thief since you can bang out the beat on a bongo).

So - next hurricane? A nice foul weather luau? Short notice for Long boards?
COWabunga.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 9:39 pm   Permalink

NOOOooooooo say it aint so! even though theres no way in hell I can aford to go anywhere i still had fantasies about trying to get there. Now I have even more time to save up for next yr. i wanna see Bradsfancy carving machine and software in person. oh and his mind blowing perfect Jungalero Room. Oh and surfing,

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-29 11:37 pm   Permalink

What a bummer! The dates were really bad for me this year, as I had another trip planned, but hopefully it'll work out for next year.

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 06:05 am   Permalink

The dates will be similar next year, week after Labor Day weekend.

Pablus, we'll watch the weather and wait for the next storm off the coast and meet you over there. I have some unexpected free time now...

virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 06:15 am   Permalink

too bad.
I really wanted to come to this event. I would love to learn to carve from Bosko and BK, drink from Beachbum B...
I looked for plane tickets from France. It was very very expensive, to get there.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation