FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Follynesia - Postponed Sept 14-20th 2009
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Follynesia - Postponed Sept 14-20th 2009
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 5:24 pm   Permalink

Ole Conga will plan for it next year as well. Things didn't look promising
this year cuz the dates fell between two vacations...August to Wisconsin
Dells and October to Tennessee. Coontiki-I remains one of my fondest memories
in the "Tiki World" and I will be back for another event.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SouthBamaTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 5:58 pm   Permalink

Hoped I could talk Trevor into coming this year, but he would not do it alone. It's just too early in the school year for me to take the time off, plus I am already taking time off in OCT. Maybe I can plan ahead to attend next year so he will come. I'm always up for a tiki event when I can get the time off

View Profile of SouthBamaTiki Send a personal message to SouthBamaTiki  Email SouthBamaTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-30 9:45 pm   Permalink

that sucks as i was really thinking about going. i guess that doesn't help much. i guess if i'd ponied up it might have helped. i'm sorry. my financial situation is rocky at best right now, but i'm sure it will be stable next year.

you should have hanford change the ad banner.

sorry, once again.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-07-30 11:11 pm   Permalink

Swanky

I hope this event is still going to happen in the future.

I was lamenting the fact that I could not go and had already started to think about plans to go next year!

surfing, carving, drinking!

the new Tiki Triathalon!

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-31 08:44 am   Permalink

FYI - Follynesia's new dates will be September 14th-20th, 2009.

Hopefully we can queue up the participants again. If Bosko has a scheduling conflict, we have another carver who's been doing it since the 1970s to fill in...

Mark your calendars and email with any questions.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Howland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-01 08:49 am   Permalink

Sincere thanx (and regrets) to everyone who signed up/paid. We now have plenty of time to make Follynesia 09 be everything we wanted this one to be, and then some, while giving people more time to make plans and save the date. Maybe gas will have gone down a few cents by then.

Quote:

On 2008-07-29 21:23, pablus wrote:

Looks like we'll have to schedule a little "thang" on the sly, Swanky. I'm sure me, you and Brad could have a pretty good time.

That's do-able. We still have access to a half a beach house, my bar and my house. 'Follynesia Lite', perhaps? One must walk before he can run.

The Curse of Howland Island

View Profile of Howland Send a personal message to Howland  Email Howland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bohemiann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-01 09:32 am   Permalink

I'm in 4 09!

View Profile of Bohemiann Send a personal message to Bohemiann  Email Bohemiann Goto the website of Bohemiann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-25 06:45 am   Permalink

So, how is everyone in '09? We are not actively working on Follyensia at this time. As we get closer to September, we'll weigh it out. Tough times and the event is small and depends on a strong participation, so we can't go full steam ahead.

The mailing list is down right now and if you want to be sure to be kept up to date, drop me an email and I'll get you on the list when it is restored.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-26 11:15 am   Permalink

I'm in.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation