[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki wot is left of da once great Tahitian Lanai
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
wot is left of da once great Tahitian Lanai
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-17 9:52 pm   Permalink

one of the last tikis. you see dis guy on some of there menus. I want em but dats not gonna happen.

looks like a plant nursery fo da hotel next door

the coconut trees that once led you from da waikikian hotel to da tahian lanai are still there.

da lagoon you could walk too from da lanai

some of the ruins all piled up of TL. I can't believe it every time i see this pile!!

wot i would pay to see these tiki torches lit once again. If you eva visited the Tahitian Lanai, these pics will look familiar. If you neva visited this once great temple....i cannot type no words to describe it.

alohaz

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 07:33 am   Permalink

Wow, what a shame. I looks like they're going to be working on the building. Any idea what might be coming in?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 12:02 am   Permalink

you need to steal that stuff bro!

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 02:14 am   Permalink

cannot, its all fenced in. da only reason you don't see da fence in some pix is because i held da camera ova da fence.

i never would feel safe stealing a tiki too, dats bad mana! if some one really wanted that stuff bad enough though it could happen.

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 06:06 am   Permalink

No, you would not want to "liberate" that stuff. Nothing there REALLY looks worth stealing.
However, has anyone contacted the property owners to see if they would part with their pile of junk for a few bucks?
(It's not like they're doing anything with it - or have any plans to in the future.)
It'd be worth a shot!

And, hey, if they tell us to go to hell, THEN we can make up a plan to liberate our captive, fenced heros.
We don't have to consider it 'stealing', but rather think of it as 'reposessing'.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 10:23 am   Permalink

Gecko,
Did you evr get over to the Willows, or did I miss your post on that?
KG

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 11:13 am   Permalink

Is that the same view as the Hilton Hawaiian Village, I think I recognize the lagoon? That's where we spent Xmas

View Profile of jtiki Send a personal message to jtiki  Email jtiki Goto the website of jtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 12:52 pm   Permalink

yes you could get a hold of da owners but dey stey on da mainland ya. So, no udda way fo get em, unless like stingray wen sed "LIBERATE" or "Reposess" dem. Dats da same word as fatuhivas "jus steal em" but not as frank! you crack me up stingray.

eh KG,
I went to Willows about tree weeks ago....it SUCKED! looked nothing like da ol days ya. glass floats and thatch were exchanged for oriental style junk. I was told da new owners wen spent $5 million fo da renovation!! I would have done it for $5000 and made it look so ONO! like wun old polynesian restaurant. oh well....

braddah jtiki, ya das da same wun i tink. I neva stey down town in da hotels so i neva know? pretty shure.

fatuhiva
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 1:03 pm   Permalink

"Nothing there REALLY looks worth stealing."

WHAAA?!?!

Look at those VINTAGE TIKIS!

I was once in the same boat over the Samoan Hotel or "aloha hotel" in Phoenix. The palce was all fenced off. It was getting gutted. I snuck inside and looked around one night with a flashlight- in the core of the building were some tiki poles.

I didnt steal them, I just figured I'd wait.

well I SHOULD HAVE figured out a way to get em outta there, cuz they just chopped em up and hauled them off.

Lost forever- probably what will happen here- think about it- what's WORSE mana?!?!

Those tiki's are calling.. listen cloooose you will heeear them...

View Profile of fatuhiva Send a personal message to fatuhiva      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 2:44 pm   Permalink

you makin it hard on me. if i get a chance of saving them with the permision of the security guard($bribe$) i'll try it. that tiki is huge. I would have to cut it down to its feet and leave da rest. probubly with a hand saw for about an hour! dats work! i hate work!

Pacific Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 3:06 pm   Permalink

Does anybody know how to contact the owners? I will find them and get the stuff. You can always just pull up in a pick-up and start taking the stuff and say you did talk to the owners and they are donating the stuff. Its usually best to do it when everyone is around and where a hard hat. It looks official

View Profile of Pacific Andy Send a personal message to Pacific Andy  Email Pacific Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 3:21 pm   Permalink

I'd try having a little chat with security first, gauge their friendliness, then ask for the Tikis if they seem ok. If they instantly go into asshole mode, walk away, and try to get in touch with the owner. No luck there, then go into the final dead-of-night "Pink Panther" mode.

Good luck!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 3:25 pm   Permalink

Just do it dagnabbit!

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 4:49 pm   Permalink

You could tell them you're in the architectual salvage business and probably get a chance to buy anything worth it on that lot...and I would approach the SECURITY GUARD first...They make about 18K a year. He may just smell a little free money and sell them to you for a song (I bet a C-note in his pocket would get all three and curb service! ). I have a gut feeling as well from looking at that site that the landfill is the final destination for those if someone doesn't get to 'em first. You get pretty daring about asking about things when you're an antique dealer like me....shame often takes a backseat to profit. But I'd sure as hell keep those tikis.

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Basement Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-19 4:52 pm   Permalink

P.S. I'd love to see that first one patched up, sealed, and painted brown again par it's original glory for future generations to gaze upon! They really did a fine job on Mr. Bali Hai..

View Profile of Basement Kahuna Send a personal message to Basement Kahuna  Email Basement Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation