FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New Luau in Beverly Hills?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
New Luau in Beverly Hills?
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 8:58 pm   Permalink

http://www.thestylephile.com/blog/330000033/post/920036092.html?category_id=9467

I just need to figure out

how to get my name in Bold

like the others......

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-14 4:26 pm   Permalink

http://www.gourmet.com/restaurants/2009/02/top-tables-cochon-butcher-matsugen-luau-the-bristol

...another one...

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-12 2:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-12 20:14, RevBambooBen wrote:
http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/Style_File_Loree_Rodkin

cocoJo-

DH is my hero!

I was walking on the Venice boardwalk once and Dennis Hopper walked by. I was floored!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-18 9:16 pm   Permalink

my awesome girlfriend who works near the Luau brought home a flyer for their sunday special which is:

Traditional Chinese Dinner $24.95 per person.

Pupus
choice of two:
egg roll, spare ribs, fire cracker shrimp or wagyo meatballs
Soup Of The Day

Entree
choice of:
Kung Pao Chicken, Broccoli Beef or Crispy Catfish Filet

Side Dishes
Mixed Vegetables
Choice of:
Vegetable Fried Rice or Steamed Rice

Dessert
Fortune Cookie and Almond Cookie

Then it states the bar opens at 6pm...why would they mention the bar hours???

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-03-19 2:57 pm   Permalink

I went on Saturday night at 6:30.

We were almost the first customers in the place, but it was filled when we finished. I noticed on walking in there is a bar with several stools, but unfortunately there is no bartender there. And there was no bartender there when we left. Why have a bar if you don't want people to drink there? And it's not very classic tiki bar of them to have no bar to sit at.

Decor: Lovely and elegant. I made a point of sitting near the wall of hands so I could see all the suspended puffer fish while I dined. I like many elements of the decor, but I don't get the hands so I didn't want a view of that, haha. But overall I liked it, and felt very comfortable.

Atmosphere: Vintage exotica music playing, if a little bit loud as we were the only people there at first. Lighting was pleasant if too bright (I always think it's too bright in restaurants, except for maybe at the Mai Kai).

Drinks: Sad to say they were not what I expected knowing that The Bum gave them the recipes. I had a Navy Grog (what else in Beverly Hills? TV R.I.P.) and a Jet Pilot. Both were watery and weak and seemed to be made of just Bacardi light instead of different rums. The color of them both was the same - light gold. Neither had a complex flavor but I could taste cinnamon in one of them. The friends I was dining with said the drinks were much better a few weeks ago. I'm afraid they aren't properly training the bartenders.

Food: Good to Very Good. My favorite was the tamarind glazed ribs appetizer. But for the prices, there is better food all over L.A.

Service: Very good.

I probably wouldn't go back soon because it's such a splurge, and the drinks were such a disappointment.

But people seem to like it because it was filled.

Sorry Ben, I am pretty picky (spoiled ).

I'm looking forward to the new LA Trader Vic's!

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-22 10:16 pm   Permalink

YOU CAN SIT AT THE BAR! I was just there tonight and found this out. You can also have food at the bar but if you just want on drink that is fine.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CPRTiki

Posted: 2009-03-28 6:29 pm   Permalink

Check out this coupon for the Luau Beverly Hills which I received from opentable.com. It doesn't say non-transferable so I see no reason why someone else couldn't print this out and use it. For safety sake if you plan to use it you might want to call ahead and verify that the coupon is still valid. Hey, 50% off...that makes the restaurant only expensive instead of super expensive. peace.

View Profile of CPRTiki Send a personal message to CPRTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 6:40 pm   Permalink

Aaaah! Now I see why everyone was so upset that they couldn't sit at that BAR! It is so....cutting edge!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 6:57 pm   Permalink

but the giant hand says its OK.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mrs Bamboo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 9:22 pm   Permalink

Get over it.

View Profile of Mrs Bamboo Send a personal message to Mrs Bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 9:45 pm   Permalink

Basically it all boils down to

If you don't like it,

"open your own perfect tiki bar."

( what's perfect?)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 10:35 pm   Permalink

Ghee, guys, one would almost think you're taking this personal! One never should. Where is your famous sense of punk humor?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 10:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-28 22:35, bigbrotiki wrote:
Ghee, guys, one would almost think you're taking this personal! One never should. Where is your famous sense of punk humor?

Died when Lux did...

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 10:54 pm   Permalink

Sorry, Ben, I understand. I will never raise a finger against the hands again.

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-28 11:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-03-28 22:54, bigbrotiki wrote:
Sorry, Ben, I understand. I will never raise a finger against the hands again.

Promise?

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation