[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Valentine's Show at HuKeLau-2/14
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Valentine's Show at HuKeLau-2/14
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 05:53 am   Permalink

Well, its just about that time of year again.

The HuKeLau in Chicopee calls to you yet again.... "Come tiki folk....celebrate valentines day with your significant other in our tropical paradise....maybe the drinks wont suck this time...." heh heh.

So yeah, Valentines day, Thrusday the 14th of Feb....tickets are on sale now $10 each. If we can get a head count prior to buying them, and let them know we're part of the tiki group, we can be seated together (unless you want to be privately, romantically seated with a bunch of other strangers).

I'm not sure how the v-day show is gonna be without Hawaiian Humperdink, having missed it last year due to a blizzard.

And you may wanna bring a flask just in case the cocktails haven't changed!

More info here:
http://www.hukelau.com/showroom.html

And once again, if you really want to complete the romantic evening, I suggest the Jungle room at the Pines, right up the road (although the Cleapatra Suite is pretty cool too). http://www.123pines.com/rooms.html You have to supply your own costumes.

Lets get a head count. Who's in? For the show, not the Pines...thats on your own.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 06:02 am   Permalink

Kate and I, as well as two friends may very well be in!

It'll be our first night using a baby sitter.

I'll probably buy tickets etc. later today.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 06:48 am   Permalink

There is a baby granite?

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 07:24 am   Permalink

Yup!

Cecile Anne Ayotte
born on New Year's Eve

Mother and Baby are doing great!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 07:38 am   Permalink

Carl's handing reservations, everybody!

Seriously, let's get a headcount so we can get a table together. Trying to get 10 couples together by phone AFTER THE FACT is a genuine hassle.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 08:30 am   Permalink

Yeah, the HuKe isnt that accomodating to changes after you've bought your ticket. We need to have our numbers up front.

Ie. Dont buy those tickets yet Carl!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 09:06 am   Permalink

CaptainQuad and I would seriously like to do this. Our only question is about the cancellation policy if the weather sucks. We could barely make it to our local train station last Valentine's Day, so horrendous was the weather, so we're very attuned to this issue!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 09:40 am   Permalink

That's right! What happened last year? Did they keep all our money?

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 09:41 am   Permalink

We got snowed out last year, but they still had the event so we were out the cost.

I'm willing to take the risk again this year. But I'm praying for no snow.

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 10:18 am   Permalink

Okay, CaptainQ is going to see if he can get the time off of work. He'll be back to you today.

Hey, year before last Valentine's Day was sunny!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captainquad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-18 11:37 am   Permalink

Oke, VelveteenLounge and I are in. Sleet be damned, we'd like to join the crew at the Hoo-ke-loo. Thank you, man of Granite.

View Profile of captainquad Send a personal message to captainquad  Email captainquad Goto the website of captainquad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 07:40 am   Permalink

So, do we have a head count here?

No one else is interested?

I think we need to coordinate when we call...let them know that we're the "Tiki Group"... a party of 10 (or however many we have)...and that others will be calling and we want to be seated together.

they prob still be alittle pissed about that, but easier than getting it changed after the fact!

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 08:09 am   Permalink

We're still in!

The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-18 07:24, The Granite Tiki wrote:
Yup!

Cecile Anne Ayotte
born on New Year's Eve

Mother and Baby are doing great!

Hey, she's got your good looks, sans facial hair! Nice pic, thanks!

I would like to go, but there are many hurdles to this one...

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-30 08:01 am   Permalink

Ok, so much going on I flaked out on this.

i'm ordering my tickets today, telling them we're sitting with a larger party of about 12 (that should cover us) under the name TIKI.

Call to order your tickets and tell them you're part of the TIKI party, and we should get put together. Its intimate seating with a dance floor, so we wont be all together, but should at least be near each other...and our loved ones.

Hukelau phone number : (413) 593.5222 call now!!!

Bargoyle

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2008-01-30 08:12 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation