[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Valentine's Show at HuKeLau-2/14
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Valentine's Show at HuKeLau-2/14
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 11:38 am   Permalink

A friendly reminder that if you want to catch a buzz tmrw night, either drink some cocktails somewhere else before the show, or order beer during the show.

I can't condone people bringing in nip bottles, or a flask to spice up their drinks. Nor will I point out how easy it will be to pull off in the booths we'll be seated in. Its just not right people.

I mean, it IS the only way to make a HuKe cocktail a good one, but cmon.... valentines day is for a sober (ing) reflection on your relationship... Its no day to get drunk & freaky with the one you love.... or try to get them drunk enough to use that thing you bought at that store a few months back as a joke, but it really wasnt a joke, and you've just been waiting for the right moment to whip it out... uhhhh... ahem... errrr... what are we talking about again?

so yeah, see everyone tmrw!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 12:17 pm   Permalink

If I hear Jess suffered a Hula Chair injury I'll be very disappointed in you.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 1:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-13 11:38, Bargoyle wrote:
A friendly reminder that if you want to catch a buzz tmrw night, either drink some cocktails somewhere else before the show, or order beer during the show.

I can't condone people bringing in nip bottles, or a flask to spice up their drinks. Nor will I point out how easy it will be to pull off in the booths we'll be seated in. Its just not right people.

I mean, it IS the only way to make a HuKe cocktail a good one, but cmon.... valentines day is for a sober (ing) reflection on your relationship... Its no day to get drunk & freaky with the one you love.... or try to get them drunk enough to use that thing you bought at that store a few months back as a joke, but it really wasnt a joke, and you've just been waiting for the right moment to whip it out... uhhhh... ahem... errrr... what are we talking about again?

so yeah, see everyone tmrw!

That reminds me that I've got to remember to pack the porta bar for the hotel room!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 5:03 pm   Permalink

wishing you all a great time at the show! Take pics, cant wait to see' em

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTwang
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-15 3:04 pm   Permalink

Kathy and I had a FANTASTIC time! Our first time at such an event, thank you Carl for the invitation. It was so nice meeting you all, we hope to do so again soon and get to know you all a little better. Thanks again! My Fez was on fire!

View Profile of TikiTwang Send a personal message to TikiTwang  Email TikiTwang     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 11:50 pm   Permalink

Hey TikiTwang, welcome to Tiki Central!!!! WooHoo!

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 06:59 am   Permalink

No photos?

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 10:01 am   Permalink

I know velveteenlounge had a camera going, and leisure master, you should be forewarned, a new Hukelau Big Kahuna has been crowned. A dance-off may be required.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 4:48 pm   Permalink

Okay, this is in my top one or two best birthdays ever! Some pix:

Our table:

The show:

TCers know how to get down:

CaptainQuad was named the Big Kahuna (that night, anyway!):

Princess Karen does our table proud:

HuKeLau drinks contain a glowing substance that fell to earth, presumably from outer space:

The Captain and me:

It was great seeing the NE ohana! Thanks for setting this up.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thunderlips
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 6:25 pm   Permalink

"HuKeLau drinks contain a glowing substance that fell to earth, presumably from outer space."

Careful now, that's how rumors get started!

View Profile of Thunderlips Send a personal message to Thunderlips  Goto the website of Thunderlips     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 7:05 pm   Permalink

All we know for sure about that substance is that it absorbs all alcohol within a 100-foot radius.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-17 12:17 am   Permalink

Great pics! Man, that was fun!

TikiTwang
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-17 07:58 am   Permalink

What a great time that was! Great photos too! Karen's going to frame the pic of her on stage I'm sure.
Too bad the alcohol was absorbed by the green glow.

View Profile of TikiTwang Send a personal message to TikiTwang  Email TikiTwang     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-18 11:13 am   Permalink

Was nice to meet ya twang. I dug the groovy fez alot.

Good to have you on here & "in the loop" now. Hopefully we'll see at some other gatherings as well...maybe even ones where the cocktails are good!!!! lol

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTwang
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-18 4:23 pm   Permalink

Thanks Bargoyle, it was nice to meet you too. I've recently developed a serious fez fetish, the one I wore didn't quite fit properly, but my wife (who for some reason, supports my weirder side) has ordered me another one to fit my rather large head. I saw a pic of you in yours, very nice!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation