FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Meat & Greet- 1/26 - 6.30pm
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
New England Meat & Greet- 1/26 - 6.30pm
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 06:03 am   Permalink

Ok, I'm throwing this out as a "save the date" kind of thing.

The Islander STILL cannot serve booze. I'm hoping the license comes in by the 26th. If not, it may not be worth the drive for those coming from afar, but if us locals still wanna go, you can BYOB to the place. So, we'll premix some good cocktails & we'll hit the habachi side for some Beni-hana style action.

So, if all goes well, dinner at the Top Fuji/Islander in Vernon, CT 1/26.

[ This Message was edited by: Bargoyle 2008-01-21 10:34 ]

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 06:14 am   Permalink

Lemme check with the Light of My Life. I think can go.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 7:44 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 06:39 am   Permalink

50/50 for me. I'm kinda busy as hell this weekend...but if I can get things done by Saturday afternoon I'll be there.

What time, and what's the address?

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 08:25 am   Permalink

I'll call again on friday and see if they're able to serve booze by then. If not, then its BYOB but I dont know if they'll let us hang out in the lounge side....although we can bring our own perfect cocktails & eat around the giant habachi!!

I'll post friday night to let you know if you should bring a thermos full of Grog, or if we'll be served there.

6.30 start time.

Should be fun (and the food when we were there last time was fantasic...HUGE sushi portions, & excellent steak/chicken)

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 08:28 am   Permalink

Oh, and adrs is 450 Hartford Turnpike, Vernon CT 06066

Right in front of Rein's Deli.

Thunderlips
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 2:32 pm   Permalink

I'm in!

View Profile of Thunderlips Send a personal message to Thunderlips  Goto the website of Thunderlips     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
R/A tiki guy

Posted: 2008-01-22 2:32 pm   Permalink

Hey this Pete,I'm in too!

View Profile of R/A tiki guy Send a personal message to R/A tiki guy  Email R/A tiki guy Goto the website of R/A tiki guy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 3:25 pm   Permalink

I'm good to go!

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 5:35 pm   Permalink

For those of you who are not familiar with the place, it is right off the exit ramp (west bound) on I-84! Easy on - easy off.

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-24 1:51 pm   Permalink

ok, reservation is made.

It is STILL byob, so mix something up & bring a thermos. Or beer, or whatever you want.

I asked if we'd be able to check out the Islander side, and was told that we would.

Reservation is for 6.30 for a party of 10 under the name TIKI.

See ya there.

Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 11:46 am   Permalink

I should be able to make this.

Are they going to freak out if I bring a bottle of rum and ask for some tasting glasses??

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-26 12:28 pm   Permalink

Boo - the Miss and I will have to pass on this one. I think we'll be in lock down until we get back from PR on next month (gotta save that cash!).

Have fun!

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-27 05:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-22 17:35, Lukeulele wrote:
For those of you who are not familiar with the place, it is right off the exit ramp (west bound) on I-84! Easy on - easy off.

So how did you get lost?

Great time. All that place needed was some Tiki and it would be all right. Also, I'm gonna start seeking out BYOB restaurants!

R/A tiki guy

Posted: 2008-01-27 10:50 am   Permalink

Sorry I missed after thinking I was good to go. I got called to work and got home to late to clean up and go. I have been in there and it will be ok but l like Chinese food better. Oh well,,, I tried.

View Profile of R/A tiki guy Send a personal message to R/A tiki guy  Email R/A tiki guy Goto the website of R/A tiki guy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation