FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events New England Meat & Greet- 1/26 - 6.30pm
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
New England Meat & Greet- 1/26 - 6.30pm
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-27 4:04 pm   Permalink

[/quote]

So how did you get lost? [/quote]

I couldn't find the highway!!

Actually, after two previous nights of getting liqoured up and staying out late, (REALLY liqoured up and REALLY late) my liver was begging for mercy!! I'm still paying for my foolish antics today!! Geesh, you'd think I just turned 40 or something!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 08:21 am   Permalink

Well happy belated Luke.

We missed ya at Top Fuji.

To be honest, it looks like they're abandoning the idea of the lounge. The lounge area was all "overflow" seating for the sushi people. Nothing has been done with the bar...just bare wood back there.

On the plus side, our cocktails were fantastic!!! I forget what everyone brought....thermoses & huge jugs of cocktails, and then bottles of rum being passed around for tastings. And umbrellas....glad Dio remembered to bring cocktail umbrellas. (We'll work on large flaming garnishes for next time)

Most of the people who brought their Cabernet & or six-pack were giving us some wierd looks, that I think turned to jelousy when they saw where the party was at! The food wasnt too shabby either!!

And when we got the bill it was soooo cheap we thought something was wrong...and then realized that without a BAR TAB, eating out can be cheap!!!

It was fun & different and I definately think we'll go again. Big mahaloz to all, and thanks again Dio for the lovely gift.

Next up, KOWLOON this weekend. No rest for the wicked!!!

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 08:37 am   Permalink

Concerning the rum I brought to the Top Fuji... It was Santa Teresa Gran Reserva, which I paid $18 for in NYC. It can be found a little cheaper - the Wine Gallery has it for $15. Alas, it's not available in New England, and NYC seems like the closest place to us.

Damn fine rum for $15, that's for sure.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mortis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-29 6:30 pm   Permalink

A great many thanks to BG for his hospitality....he's far more tolerant of squatters than Top Fuji
And thanks to Pappy and Scottes too for the tastin' o the rum!
On a side note, a Santa Teresa Solera from Venezuela is available in CT, for the low, low price of about $40, but with the Gran Reserva being so good at $17, why would i spend the extra $$$?

View Profile of Tiki Mortis Send a personal message to Tiki Mortis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-29 7:36 pm   Permalink

The Santa Teresa 1796 Solera is one of the world's great rums. If you like it. I do like it, but don't find it to be worth $40. Yet other rum aficionados that I know swear by the stuff. It leans towards dry, is complex, but a bit too subtle for me - I like to be hit with the tastes, while the 1796 requires some exploring. It's kinda like a fine cognac in that regard - sip, concentrate, sip again... A refined palate will find many things to enjoy in this rum.

Remind me next time we're going to meet and I'll bring some for a tasting.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation