[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Martinique rums
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Martinique rums
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 6:34 pm   Permalink

Ok I went looking for some Rhum saint james and could'nt find any, any other suggestions? On the other hand I did pick up some lemon heart demerara rum and TV macadamia nut liqueur.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-02-18 7:30 pm   Permalink

They have Rhum St. James here:

http://www.internetwines.com/index.html

I would just get the cheapest bottle ($18.99) for mixing. I have not yet ordered from them so I can't vouch for them.

Did you find Lemon Hart 80 proof? I have only seen the higher proof lately in stores (the 80 proof is available online).

Has anyone tried the El Dorado Demarara as an alternative to Lemon Hart? It's cheaper (for the 5-year) than Lemon Hart. It's available here:

http://www.liquorama.net

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 8:06 pm   Permalink

HulaHula~
I'll be at HiTimes tomorrow, so I'll take a look. If it's there do you want me to get a bottle for you, or are you wanting to look around Vegas some more for it? I can give it to you on our trip up to the Crawl.

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 11:16 pm   Permalink

scd,yes please pick it up if they have it, The store I go to here in town is the largest liquere retailer in town so if they dont have it I wont find it.Thanks a lot.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 08:51 am   Permalink

Martinique Saint James Rum found! $18.31 total including tax. There were 3 of the Martinique rums:

• Royal Amber - $16.99 plus tax
  • Hors d'Age - $30.99 plus tax
  • Extra Old - $36.99 plus tax

I assume that it was the Royal Amber that you wanted, which, according to Hi-Times, is the 'standard' Martinique. There were 6 bottles of each there. Also, it seems that this is one of the rums that can be sipped, so I bet it must be very smooth tasting. Hula, I will give it to you when PolyPop and I see you for the crawl.

SugarCaddyDaddy

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-20 4:46 pm   Permalink

whoo hoo thank brahda, i just wen make a Tv mai tai last night with out em and its just not da same,you like e paypal u da $$ or just wen i come?

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-03 7:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Well, they seem to have been out of stock for several weeks. Anyone know of any other place I can find this?

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2004-07-04 1:54 pm   Permalink

They have the Extra Old here:

http://www.liquorama.net/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=16287

Quote:

On 2004-07-03 19:18, Juno wrote:
Quote:

Well, they seem to have been out of stock for several weeks. Anyone know of any other place I can find this?

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 3:28 pm   Permalink

My local sources were all out recently, but just restocked in the last weeks. I just get the Amber, that's what is usually meant in a recipe like the Mai Tai.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Doctor Z
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-04 5:14 pm   Permalink

Hi Time Wines in Costa Mesa has St. James Amber ($14.98), Extra Old ($19.98) and Hors d'Age ($26.98) in stock and on sale! They also ship worldwide: http://hitimewines.com/

Hors d'Age in a Mai Tai is divine...
Ask for it by name!

View Profile of Doctor Z Send a personal message to Doctor Z  Email Doctor Z     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blue Moose
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-07-04 5:17 pm   Permalink

My local sources? This sounds like buying dope. (And it is, kinda.)

View Profile of Blue Moose Send a personal message to Blue Moose      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-05 1:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Hi Time Wines in Costa Mesa has St. James Amber ($14.98), Extra Old ($19.98) and Hors d'Age ($26.98) in stock and on sale! They also ship worldwide: http://hitimewines.com/

BBCode Quote End -->

Just placed my order. Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: Juno on 2004-07-05 13:33 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-07 12:24 pm   Permalink

I just bought St. James Hors d'Age.
YA! Love it for sippin.
(Please note in Unga's case, "sippin" is a figure of speech.)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BastardoSaffrin
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-16 08:59 am   Permalink

Hi there!

Anyone knows anything about Rhum J.M.? In Europe it's quite extended and well, although it's kind of expensive, it seems to be good quality stuff. I have the Ambre and it's tasty in the MaiTais, but kind of lacks that "nuttiness" supposed to be in the Martinique. Comparing it to the St. James Ambre, I would say JM it's a bit sweeter. Any comment for that?

View Profile of BastardoSaffrin Send a personal message to BastardoSaffrin  Goto the website of BastardoSaffrin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-16 1:57 pm   Permalink

I have a couple JM rhums and plan on getting more. While I'm not an agricole expert I do find them to be extremely good, and in a more "pure" way towards agricole than the St. James which are excellent mixing rhums. The JM ones seem to be better sipping rums, or in something simple like a Ti Punch. I highly recommend the JM 1997 neat - what a fine, complex rhum that is. I had Ti Punches this weekend with both the White and the Gold and preferred the white which I thought made a fantastic Ti Punch.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation