FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Julian's Dining Room and Lounge, Ormond Beach , FL (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Julian's Dining Room and Lounge, Ormond Beach , FL (restaurant)
Ghostsoldier
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-10-20 12:39 pm   Permalink

How ironic...the wife and I were just there yesterday, coming back through DB and OB, and I snapped a bunch of photos of the place, not knowing exactly what it was (I also got some pics of the Treasure Island reboot).

Then, I come here today, and find a thread about Julian's, which answers a lot of the questions I had about the place....neato.

I'll post those recent (yesterday) pics here tonight, if anyone wants to see them.

Rob

View Profile of Ghostsoldier Send a personal message to Ghostsoldier  Email Ghostsoldier     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ghostsoldier
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-10-21 7:20 pm   Permalink

Camera phone pics:

Rob

View Profile of Ghostsoldier Send a personal message to Ghostsoldier  Email Ghostsoldier     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-23 3:34 pm   Permalink

This just in:

Sven, Julian's in Ormond Beach is going to be torn down. I know I sent you an artifact from there and I believe you have been. A shame but it has sat empty for a long while.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-24 6:45 pm   Permalink

Sad news. Hope that the artifacts inside can be salvaged. Anybody from Florida on this?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-12-25 05:49 am   Permalink

They did, DC, this is from the previous pages:

quote]
On 2013-03-22 04:15, Tiki-Troll wrote:
DeTiki and I were able to purchase the the witco and a few of the remaining tiki posts from Julians after a friend forwarded the craigslist ad. We were told that the family kept quite a bit, the property is still owned by them but whatever happens to the restaurant will be up to who buys it. (I am hoping for the best and assuming the worst.) We just bought a home there not even a mile down the road for our personal tiki studio, so I am pleased that the items will at least live close by.
[/quote]

But what about the mural? That will turn to dust - and nothing can replicate the whole experience of having a lounge singer perform on top of the bar in front of it…wait til Tom D finds out…sorry buddy - Sniff!-

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (5 years)  

Posted: 2014-12-25 08:34 am   Permalink

This is devastating news, Sven, though I feared it would happen given the length of time Julian's sat empty with a "Price Reduced" for-sale sign.

Thanks to Justin and Sarah (Tiki-Troll), I acquired the Julian's Tiki that greeted patrons as they entered the dining room.
Here it sits, even today, in my great room in front of a mural inspired by the magnificent Polynesian panorama gracing the dining room lounge of Julian's.

What a loss! We loved the food and atmosphere at Julian's. The drinks were tolerable, as the waitresses always allowed us to customize them a bit. The live entertainment was unique. Pat and I will always treasure the experiences.

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation