FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Don The Beachcomber, DCA, Anaheim, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page ) Remove Highlighting
Don The Beachcomber, DCA, Anaheim, CA (restaurant)
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 5:42 pm   Permalink

Name:Don The Beachcomber, DCA
Type:restaurant
Street:1580 South Disneyland Drive
City:Anaheim
State:CA
Zip:92802
Phone:

Description:
Part of the now extinct Hollywood & Dine food court at Disney's California Adventure.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 5:56 pm   Permalink

I wanted to show Hiphipahula the location of the Don the Beachcomber in the old food court at DCA while we were roaming around the park yesterday.

We sneaked past the barrier that blocks off the building and peered through the dirty windows of the locked doors to catch a glimpse of the sign. Two cast members walked by but didn't shoo us away. As I was heading back toward the park, Kelly was behind me telling me to get my camera out. The side entrance to the building was open.

They have converted a small area inside the building into a men's changing room, so naturally, Kelly stood look out while I went in.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 6:21 pm   Permalink

Oh cool, it's still all there, a mixture of O.A. and Bosko's stuff. For me, the coolest thing there was a display case with vintage 30s/40s Don The Beachcomber memorabilia, I bet those went back to the collectors they were on loan from though. Good urban archeology, girls!

That whole thing came and went pretty fast, which is better anyway...what a sad reincarnation for Don's once great name, as fast food counter in a food court.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-01-21 6:28 pm   Permalink

Nicely done ladies you should change your names to Sneaky-Kate and Tiptoeahula.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 6:53 pm   Permalink

Kate's got balls! Nice pics, Kate.

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-21 7:35 pm   Permalink

Nice going Kate. Took big ovaries to get those shots. Thanks so much!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 10:53 am   Permalink

Props on the adventure...
Alexander Monday has nothing on you two.
Wish I would have known, I was right across the street and the convention center.

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-22 11:00 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-21 18:21, bigbrotiki wrote:
Oh cool, it's still all there, a mixture of O.A. and Bosko's stuff. For me, the coolest thing there was a display case with vintage 30s/40s Don The Beachcomber memorabilia, I bet those went back to the collectors they were on loan from though. Good urban archeology, girls!

That whole thing came and went pretty fast, which is better anyway...what a sad reincarnation for Don's once great name, as fast food counter in a food court.

I disagree, maybe in given time it would have developed, maybe not, at the very least created excitement & good vibes. Glad to know its all there & intact, downer is they use it for a men's cast member changing room? ack! It's so tucked away no wonder the "Food Court" didn't fair well, no one knew it was there very poor planing Glad I spotted the open door and Kate had a camera ...we didn't spot any naked dudes though ... anyway it was all great fun & we didn't get booted off the lot! In Dec. we had to walk Mr. Toads Wild Ride when it broke down now, were Nancy Drew & Mrs. Colombo... Stay tuned for even more crazy adventures of Disneyland from Kate & Kelly it was fun!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-24 3:53 pm   Permalink

cool pics!!thanks for being so daring and adventurous.you girls are the best!!

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 09:57 am   Permalink

I remember that ..i INSISTED on eating there the first time we went when CA Adventures was new ...looked around for them this year and YEAH ..not 2 be found. Hey ANY nod to the past anymore seems to be a good thing with Disney..they are kinda BAD at it for the most part

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 6:34 pm   Permalink

Not to come off ignorant but what does DCA refer to?
Mahalo,
1961surf
Tiki Bill

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 6:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-28 18:34, 1961surf wrote:
Not to come off ignorant but what does DCA refer to?

Disney's California Adventure

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-13 7:16 pm   Permalink

Here's some more pics of what lies on the walls inside Stage 12 on the lot of Disney's California Adventure.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-17 9:37 pm   Permalink

Nice.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-04 7:05 pm   Permalink

I went back to revisit DTB at DCA yesterday and found the memorabilia that Sven mentioned earlier in the thread.

Sorry about the glare.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation