Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki I'd like feedback on this
I'd like feedback on this
JanetMermaid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 8:15 pm   Permalink

I'm considering buying it and am interested in yall's thoughts on how well it will fit into a tiki-themed house:

http://austin.craigslist.org/fur/547930673.html

View Profile of JanetMermaid Send a personal message to JanetMermaid  Goto the website of JanetMermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-22 8:24 pm   Permalink

Too new for MY taste.
I like old and krusty.
Just me.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-22 8:47 pm   Permalink

It's a nice bar and price, but I agree...not very tiki, unless you are wanting something dark to match your furniture and then you could tiki it up by throwing some classic tiki ephemera under the clear top. Take your time while shopping for a bar and be sure it is really the style you want. Read the home bar posts on this board as people have some awesome ideas and their pads look great.

Bamboo is always good.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2008-01-22 8:55 pm   Permalink

I don't think it's the worst thing as long as the Neon Martini Glass doesn't come with it but I'm sure if you can wait a little longer a more appropriate bar will pop up.

[ This Message was edited by: Bora Boris 2008-01-22 20:56 ]

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cool Manchu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 10:16 pm   Permalink

I say if you like it, then buy it.

View Profile of Cool Manchu Send a personal message to Cool Manchu  Email Cool Manchu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TabooDan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-22 10:53 pm   Permalink

Not too bad. I've seen alot worse. It's not a traditional Tiki bar but it will stand up to the elements if you are putting it outside and it is easy to tiki-fy!
We built a bamboo roof over one for a customer and threw a mask on the front and they liked it.
Not a classic or original Tiki Bar look but like Bora Boris said, another bar will come up! Might be good for yah for the meantime but I would probably hold off a little longer!!

View Profile of TabooDan Send a personal message to TabooDan  Goto the website of TabooDan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-23 12:21 am   Permalink

GROG say build your own. You can enjoy a feeling of accomplishment, you can build just the size you want, and decorate it to your taste and you can show it off to friends and family. You can start from scratch. You can buy a cheap, wooden bar and tikify it. Or, you can even do like my friend Shannon, who got two cheap bookcases, and put them together to use as the base to make her own bar. There are a number of home bars you can find on Tiki Central as inspiration.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-23 01:04 am   Permalink

Looks to me like a good foundation with which you could create a great tiki bar! Hey, sometimes you want to build from scratch, and sometimes you don't. I can see a tiki face on the front of that bar with a bit of leopard skin behind it... a puffer fish light hanging above it... a couple of carved tikis positioned on top... and RUM!... LOT'S OF RUM!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JanetMermaid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-23 05:42 am   Permalink

Thanks for the thoughts. The thing that's been bugging me about this bar is the sharp angle at the corners. I really do want a crescent-shaped tiki bar. Guess I'll old out.

View Profile of JanetMermaid Send a personal message to JanetMermaid  Goto the website of JanetMermaid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-23 6:57 pm   Permalink

that bar I mentioned is cresentish shape. I think.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-24 11:00 am   Permalink

Free Flexi Glass!

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation