[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Rockabilly Rave
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Rockabilly Rave
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-23 05:32 am   Permalink

Not a tiki event, but I believe King K will be there?

Anyhow, I know it's a way off, but are any of you kats and Kittens going to the Rockabilly Rave this year?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Double Crown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-23 3:49 pm   Permalink

I'm planning on being there. I'm just waiting to see the lineup of bands - who's playing will determine, to some extent, whether I go as a vendor for my label/mail order (Double Crown Records) or as a spectator. Tom, one of the organizers, told me that it's going to be just about 100% rockabilly (I was hoping for a little surf/garage/lounge/exotica action, whose crowd would be a little more open to our Double Crown releases). I'm excited either way though - it'll be a blast as a spectator or as a vendor!

Sean
Double Crown Records / The Continental Magazine
http://www.dblcrown.com
http://doublecrown.blogspot.com

[ This Message was edited by: Double Crown 2008-01-23 15:49 ]

View Profile of Double Crown Send a personal message to Double Crown  Email Double Crown Goto the website of Double Crown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-24 04:52 am   Permalink

www.rockabillyrave.co.uk/

Line up announced, and it looks great!
Tom's right, it is 95% Rockabilly, with some rockin blues, RnB, RnR, western swing etc

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-24 06:33 am   Permalink

We'll be there, too.

Maybe we should organise our own lounge/exotica/surf/garage action??? We always have a cocktail party at our chalet...

Liz & Chris

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2008-01-24 06:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-23 15:49, Double Crown wrote:
I'm planning on being there. I'm just waiting to see the lineup of bands - who's playing will determine, to some extent, whether I go as a vendor for my label/mail order (Double Crown Records) or as a spectator.

Oh! Just thought ... Do you mean Rockabilly Rave UK in June (we do!) or the new RR-USA (Las Vegas)in October?

You are in Bellingham WA, aren't you?

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-24 2:15 pm   Permalink

I want to go to the Rave in the UK!!! Not sure Id make it though. Never been, and have always wanted to go to a weekender over in Europe!!!! One of these days. I will be trying for the one in October in Vegas.

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 12:53 am   Permalink

As far as I know Jerry and Tom, are organising the Rave in Vegas. If it's anything like the Uk one, it should be a blast.

54 house of bamboo

Posted: 2008-01-25 03:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-24 14:15, sweetpea wrote:
I want to go to the Rave in the UK!!! Not sure Id make it though. Never been, and have always wanted to go to a weekender over in Europe!!!! One of these days. I will be trying for the one in October in Vegas.

We'll come say hello to you in April at Vegas, hon! See you soon.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ This Message was edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2008-01-25 03:24 ]

sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 08:45 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-25 03:23, 54 house of bamboo wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-01-24 14:15, sweetpea wrote:

We'll come say hello to you in April at Vegas, hon! See you soon.

YAY!!! Can't wait to see you!

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ This Message was edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2008-01-25 03:24 ]

View Profile of sweetpea Send a personal message to sweetpea  Email sweetpea Goto the website of sweetpea     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Double Crown
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-25 2:04 pm   Permalink

I meant the Las Vegas October 2008 event - seems like the lineup/details should be announced pretty soon.
http://www.doublecrownrecords.com

View Profile of Double Crown Send a personal message to Double Crown  Email Double Crown Goto the website of Double Crown     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-13 4:19 pm   Permalink

Bump-titty-bump-bump

Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-16 04:44 am   Permalink

Yes will be going.. See you there.

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-17 1:17 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Kon-Hemsby 2008-06-17 22:53 ]

Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 12:25 pm   Permalink

Just 3 weekends left - finally booked my room and got my tickets! Nothing like the last minute. Remember, on September 15th the tickets go up to $85!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sweetpea
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-09 12:30 pm   Permalink

do we wanna get together and have a small tiki EVENT while we are there? heehee
maybe meet up for breakfast or lunch, or jut pick a time to meet in the vendor room.
WHO's VENDING??? Maybe we could all meet at someone's booth?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation