FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New CD for the Moon-Rays, swing it baby!
New CD for the Moon-Rays, swing it baby!
skullisland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-25 05:47 am   Permalink

Little early to be thinking about halloween music, but the word is the Moon-Rays have a new CD coming out in a few months and it's going to be covers of swing era Halloween songs from the 20's through the 40's. No Tiki music on this one I'm afraid. The title is "Skeletons In the Closet" named after the old Louis Armstrong song?

View Profile of skullisland Send a personal message to skullisland      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 07:47 am   Permalink

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 08:30 am   Permalink

On the one hand, Skull, your CD is, by your own admission (cue chanting):

"Non-Tiki, NON-Tiki, NON-TIKI...!"

On the other hand (from a Moon Rays fan*):

Oooo, yeah.

(* via the inimitable Java, at JBP)

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skullisland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-25 6:29 pm   Permalink

Poor puppy, everybody want to shoot that guy...
So whos all making their way down to beautiful Franklin Indiana in sept to witness live and in person the truely Tiki-esque Will the Thrill's Thrillville revue at the Indy Film Co-Op Drive in beach party? The Moon-rays will be there too, somewhat live but in person and PLAYING TIKI MUSIC!!!!

View Profile of skullisland Send a personal message to skullisland      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-25 9:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-25 18:29, skullisland wrote:
...the truely Tiki-esque Will the Thrill's Thrillville revue at the Indy Film Co-Op Drive in beach party? The Moon-rays will be there too, somewhat live but in person and PLAYING TIKI MUSIC!!!!

There, that's better. The pup lives on.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Son-of-Kelbo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-26 7:51 pm   Permalink

Gee, LM, I really think you were gonna do it... *Whew*...

Ol' Fido probably thought he'd edged by without Nat'l Lampoon dropping the hammer on him, until Skull's post.

Just remember, Skull, once you cave in to Tiki Terrorism, you'll never hear the end (nor will Fido) of it. Never, that is, until the Moon Rays do their own terrifyingly-terrific EXOTICA ALBUM, eh?

Oooo.

and Tiki-times were hot..."
SOK

View Profile of Son-of-Kelbo Send a personal message to Son-of-Kelbo  Goto the website of Son-of-Kelbo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
skullisland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-27 06:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-26 19:51, Son-of-Kelbo wrote:
Just remember, Skull, once you cave in to Tiki Terrorism, you'll never hear the end (nor will Fido) of it. Never, that is, until the Moon Rays do their own terrifyingly-terrific EXOTICA ALBUM, eh?

You know at one time the Moon-Rays were talking with the band Clouseaux about doing a combined album of songs, both giving their own interpretation of of exotica classics. I don't know why but that kind of fell by the wayside. I still think it's a pretty cool idea though.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation