FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Critiki Update?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Critiki Update?
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 6:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-02 16:38, scottxwl wrote:
Or if she wants to remain in control of these sites, but add some fellow administrators so all the burden does not fall on one person... that would be awesome.

That is exactly what has happened on ooga-mooga, with Trader Tom taking on adding new mugs, and keeping the site current (BTW HUGE mahalo again for him taking that on!!!).
Tiki establishments do not change nearly as fast, so the stagnation on Critiki has not been as obvious. It is a wonderful resource, hopefully Humu or another will get in there soon, so that it stays relevant for all of us, and attracts new people into the love and lifestyle of Tiki.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-02 6:38 pm   Permalink

Trader Tom definitely deserves more kudos for this. With the number of items added to Ooga-Mooga, that's a big undertaking.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-03 5:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2014-03-02 18:38, TikiTacky wrote:
Trader Tom definitely deserves more kudos for this.

I want to echo this. I've been visiting Ooga-Mooga frequently the past few weeks and, my gosh, hardly a day goes by without Trader Tom adding some new templates. Sometimes LOTS of new templates. This takes time and no small amount of effort.

For example, a long time ago I got this souvenir Hurricane glass from Pat O'Brien's in New Orleans and I happened to see a picture of it in Beachbum Berry Remixed. Tom researched it and wrote up this whole paragraph on the history of the Hurricane drink, Pat O'Brien's, and the glass. It's superb.
Check it out here.

Great work, Tom! Thank you so much.

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-04 09:53 am   Permalink

Her sites are 8 shades of awesome.I'd love to participate in Critiki. I sent her an email, but I remember those days of early parenting. I'm no rush. Best wishes to her!

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 1:04 pm   Permalink

Oh my goodness, you guys are so sweet. All of you.

Please don't squabble on my account! The speculation and where-do-we-go-from here are so understandable given the lack of info I've put out there.

Yep, priority one these days is my darling little girl, Wanda. We don't have any family in the area, so I'm her only caregiver. The down time I have isn't enough to wade into programming waters at the moment (try to accomplish too much in a short time, and you get bugs. No bueno.)

But you bet your sweet, sweet okole I'm still into tiki. In a pretty fierce way. I use nearly every scrap of Wanda's nap time working on my home tiki bar. I go to Smuggler's Cove every Tuesday night. And I'm organizing a great big crazy week-long tiki event in San Francisco this September. Tiki is going to have to try harder to get rid of me.

But you really want to know what the plan is with the sites. Critiki I'm planning on getting fixed and up-to-date before I go to Tiki Oasis in August (see you there?). Ooga-Mooga is absolutely still getting a massive, massive update. The work was about 90% done before Wanda came along. No way in hell I'm going to abandon all that work. It's still coming, but not until I can make it a really good experience. My husband is also a developer, so we're now working on that together. I can't make timeline promises right now, all I can say is that it is definitely coming. In the meantime, YES, let's sing Tom's praises! He has been an absolute hero.

Anyway, love you guys. Come have a drink with me some time.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 1:22 pm   Permalink

Great news indeed and thanks for all of your hard work and the update on the progress !!!

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 1:35 pm   Permalink

YAY! Glad to hear you're alive and kicking. Can't wait to see what you're up to.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 1:58 pm   Permalink

Hooray!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-14 3:03 pm   Permalink

Exciting!

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-14 3:59 pm   Permalink

Great to hear! Thanks for letting us all know.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
scottxwl
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 6:12 pm   Permalink

Great to hear! Nice to meet you, electronically.

View Profile of scottxwl Send a personal message to scottxwl  Email scottxwl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-14 6:29 pm   Permalink

I was beginning to think Humu was just a legend.

My collection of bifwebe | My cruddy music

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-14 7:09 pm   Permalink

Sweeeeeeeet super stoked..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-15 12:52 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for all the enthusiasm, folks! I think getting Critiki updated is going to be particularly fun, and has the potential to be shared as a group effort some weekend. I've been thinking about what online tools I would want to use for that (something like a cross between a chat room and a to-do list). When I come up with something, I'll give a shout so that anyone who wants to join in can.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-15 12:58 pm   Permalink

That sounds great. I know a lot of people have a lot of great ideas of things they'd like to be able to do with the sites. I've got a few suggestions myself.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation