FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Remodeling my basement
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Remodeling my basement
Tabu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-05 08:37 am   Permalink

Very nice pad. Very finished and cozy look to it. Sweet.

View Profile of Tabu Send a personal message to Tabu  Email Tabu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-06 5:40 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tabu, it's getting pretty cozy!!

Put up some shelves today for my mug collection which sucks, I know!

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-07-18 6:24 pm   Permalink

made some flicker bulb torches and lit up some puffers!!! Also started to do some faux lashing.

View Profile of tikifreak1 Send a personal message to tikifreak1  Email tikifreak1 Goto the website of tikifreak1     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 05:01 am   Permalink

Made a new lamp this weekend. I saw some cool ones people were posting on here so I thought I would give it a shot. If any lamp experts see this I have a question.....I've seen some lamps that the bottom and top of the lamp are enclosed, how do you make it to access the light bulb? Also, what are peoples methods to do the bamboo circles at the bottom of the lamp? I went through about six sticks of it and the cuts weren't clean so it took forever to clean them up and then I just hot glued them.

Thanks,
Craig

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak1 2008-12-22 05:39 ]

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-22 05:46 am   Permalink

If your cuts aren't clean enough get a blade with more teeth, specifically for "finish" work. I'm not sure what kind of saw you are using but that's my 2 bits.

Looking Keen btw!

ST

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifreak1
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-08-30 09:09 am   Permalink

I was bored so I took down a perfectly good hand rail to put up these 4 inch poles and then it went on from there. Looks like I just moved up to the middle floor!?!? Next is ceilings and more trim work when I get more materials.

[ This Message was edited by: tikifreak1 2009-08-30 13:29 ]

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-01 10:06 pm   Permalink

looks nice!

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-02 1:50 pm   Permalink

you're like the energizer bunny, dude...just keep goin' and goin'!

Your basement (and know the start of the upstairs) looks real nice and "cozy" as you put it. If the pictures make it look this good, I can only imagine what it's like to be there!

I love the addition of the bamboo railing and the bathroom looks real classy. very well done!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-11 1:26 pm   Permalink

Very cool TikiMent!!! Have lots of fun down there, Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seafoamer
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-09-12 4:55 pm   Permalink

Great transformation, I love it!! It looks great!
I'd love to move down to Virginia or North Carolina someday.

View Profile of seafoamer Send a personal message to seafoamer  Email seafoamer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-09-14 01:13 am   Permalink

TikiFreak - your place looks sweet man. I know what you mean about the rough bamboo cuts. I put masking tape around the pole before I cut it. This gives a clean cut but takes forever to peel the tape off. I know you can get special Japanese bamboo hand-saws, but that would also take forever. As you know, you need a ton of bamboo sections for these lamps. I'd like to hear what other people use to cut their bamboo cleanly/quickly.

Trad'r Bill

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-02 09:42 am   Permalink

love it all but the ceiling is the fav.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 3:43 pm   Permalink

looks great, I like it all, especially the detail on the stairs!

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 10:23 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2008-07-06 17:40, tikifreak1 wrote:
Thanks Tabu, it's getting pretty cozy!!

Put up some shelves today for my mug collection which sucks, I know!

No Mug collection sucks, you just put together what you like, its all cool!
Keep up the great work.....

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-10-03 22:23 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-10-03 10:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-09-14 01:13, Trad'r Bill wrote:
TikiFreak - your place looks sweet man. I know what you mean about the rough bamboo cuts. I put masking tape around the pole before I cut it. This gives a clean cut but takes forever to peel the tape off. I know you can get special Japanese bamboo hand-saws, but that would also take forever. As you know, you need a ton of bamboo sections for these lamps. I'd like to hear what other people use to cut their bamboo cleanly/quickly.

Trad'r Bill

I have been using a Hitachi Mitre saw 10" with a good quality fine tooth blade, I make slow cuts, seems to work great so far, just make sure you have a sharp blade.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation