FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 11:19 am   Permalink

Great sign! Good luck. I like the moai the best. I see you kept all the really wicked stuff for yourself. Or is all the old stuff already sold?

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congatiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 3:32 pm   Permalink

Nice work Tuscon...I also really like the little bugger on the table...
and the table is pretty cool too...did you make that as well? Good progress
with your creations.

View Profile of congatiki Send a personal message to congatiki  Email congatiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-11 6:45 pm   Permalink

hey tt ,the tikis are looking good!
i hope you do good at the fair also,i am building a place
little by little in sierra vista and was wondering
if i could sell some for beer money or would have to switch
to cigar store inians

i have been using teak oil on mine,do you know what the difference
between tung and teak oil is?

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 09:16 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-11 11:13, tikifreak1 wrote:
Nice job! When you use the tung oil do you put it on over stain or is that what it looks like natural? I think I might try that, it has a cool finish.

Craig

I make sure the palm is as smooth as I can get it and then just use the tung oil put on with a rag. I have no idea what the difference between tung and teak. I have used both and prefer the tung oil as it seems not ss dark and dries pretty quick.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 09:21 am   Permalink

Buzzard, Hard telling what is going to work around here. All I know is I just love carving the stuff that I carve.If they sell, great. If not, I guess I am going to have a lot tikis around my pad. Cigar store indians might not be a bad idea in these parts .I would need to get some big ol' wampuum logs though.HiyayayayHiyayayya!

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-12 09:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-11 11:19, TheBigT wrote:
Great sign! Good luck. I like the moai the best. I see you kept all the really wicked stuff for yourself. Or is all the old stuff already sold?

No, everything I have is for sale. I just didnt feel like dragging it out for that last pic.

Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 5:13 pm   Permalink

The street fair was pretty cool. I did not have a great spot as far as volume of people goes but, I was in the beer garden of "The Hut". Not a bad place to be if I might say so. I had a great time and made one big sale that made the effort worthwile indeed. Met Dr. Goat and his lovely wife at the shindig and had a great time carving a tiki in the beer garden of the Hut. Handed out a bunch of my biz cards and had a lot a good feedback on my work. Overall a great day doing what I love. Here is the pic of the tiki I was working on in the beer garden. Funny how alcohol brings out creativity in an individual.( Is this a problem?) The other happy face fellow is one that I kicked out quick for the street fair to have some extra work there. The last one shows the logo I have been using on my work. The TT is for my handle here and the lightning bolt S is for my last name and the the year Enjoy!

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 6:27 pm   Permalink

Hot Damn you're coming along nicely there TT. Good stuff.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 7:51 pm   Permalink

TT,
It was great meeting you too! You're work is even better in the 'wood' than it is online in pics. If things were aliitle more stable, I'd have that happy boy on the right already. Met Doug Horne also, his work is a gas and he's a nice guy.
Got to have one of your carvings soonest, so here's looking to see you again.
Caio & best of everything to you & yours.
ps Glad you made a good sale...Did you sell one of your tall Lonos? Somebody is one happy fellow, right now.

[ This Message was edited by: drgoat456 2008-12-16 19:54 ]

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-16 8:43 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dr. G, I sold my Big Head Bastard. The one that had Easter Island influence and a round big head and earrings. Had a lot of people throughout the day giving me good praise. Felt good to be appreciated for all my hard work. TT

drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-17 11:57 am   Permalink

You deserve it.
By the way, my wife appreciated the 'lovely' comment. She sends her best and wants one of your pieces in our home too.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-23 10:32 pm   Permalink

TT you've come along way since your first carvings. Starting to develop that style !

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-24 5:14 pm   Permalink

Looking good. I didn't see the stools before whats up with
them they are cool.

Whats going on with the cedar log?

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
big daddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-24 8:41 pm   Permalink

nice pieces there TT. yeah alcohol does bring out the creativity but you got watch out for the tools, they sometimes attack when the alcohol flows. keep up the great work.

bd

View Profile of big daddy Send a personal message to big daddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-25 08:10 am   Permalink

Seeksurf, The stools are something I picked up at a garage sale. No idea where there from. I have been working on a couple of small pieces. I have not started on the logs I got from you yet. I will soon. I have a commission job for a large one that I am going to use a palm. It is too heavy too move right now though. Will post some pics of my small pieces later. Out.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation