FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
Not what it seems Page 16 8/20/13
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-01 02:51 am   Permalink

That is beautiful...I like how you let the wood speak to the shaping. Nicely done. Keep meaning to say that I dig the color of your backyard wall.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 05:40 am   Permalink

WOW,Tuscon, this guy Really finished up Nicely. I Love the tongue, a totally unexpected piece of detail that looks so Wrong but fits the whole piece so Perfectly. I Like your style.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
King-bilt
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-01 08:44 am   Permalink

The color is great and so unexpected, nice work.

View Profile of King-bilt Send a personal message to King-bilt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-01 2:37 pm   Permalink

That is a fabulous tiki! Man love the long flowing lines
on him. NICE

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 5:15 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the positive input Benzart and Seeksurf and the others.Coming from talented carvers such as you guys that means alot. I was a lil' worried about the tongue. I almost deleted it but decided to let it ride. Wish I would have made it a little bigger in proportion. Live and learn for the next I guess. Well, Back to the front courtyard to let the dust fly. Carve on.

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-02 9:21 pm   Permalink

Decided to bang out a short tiki for The 4th Ave. Street Fair this weekend here in Tucson Arizona. I am taking my last 3 down to try and sell them. This one posted here was just a 2 day quikie for the show. A local tiki shop is letting me display my stuff so I can get some publicity. Here is my sad face guy. I will show finished pics tomorrow. It was too dark to get a photo when I finished it up, Dig-TT

View Profile of Tucson Tiki Send a personal message to Tucson Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 03:40 am   Permalink

Great work, that last guy is expressive, and the green guy is so lowbrow cool But now Ive seen the hemi rocker covers, I got to know what else is in ya garage!

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 07:37 am   Permalink

Wow, your last couple of pieces have been so fantastic. You are really developing your own style already. Love the coloring and finish on the big head tiki. The whole carving is really really nice. The green one was a little loud for me, but the carving and style was tops. It's still a great piece and I see you're willing to explore and push some boundaries. Bravo!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 4:59 pm   Permalink

Thanks again, I put a little burn on it and some finish. I got some hotrod stuff. Been doing it my whole life it seems. Carving is a nice creative release away from the car stuff. Here a picture of the 29 Ford RPU that I built a few years ago. I will be going to Viva Las Vegas here in a few days. That's always good for inspiration and a hangover.

[ This Message was edited by: Tucson Tiki 2008-04-03 17:02 ]

seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-03 9:25 pm   Permalink

Love your style simple lines that say so much NICE WORK.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MooneyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-05 10:08 am   Permalink

TucsonTiki you have some nice tikis happenin here my friend, and I really love the Hot Rod!!!Aloha , Mooney

View Profile of MooneyTiki Send a personal message to MooneyTiki  Email MooneyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 10:21 am   Permalink

I'm back in business carving up a few new groovy numbers for your viewing pleasure. The first is a little chunk of palm I had laying around and wanted to try a funky shaped wacky planter for my courtyard. Had some old hairpin 50's legs that I haved saved for such a project. Turned out pretty cool. It's reallhard to carve out the tops of the log. Anybody got any ideas for hogging out the centers easier than using a spade bit like I did? The next is one I whipped up over the last couple of days. Kinda a goofy lil'happy guy. This
stuff just comes out of head. Enjoy!

cheeky half
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 10:36 am   Permalink

Hey there TT, Nice meeting you last weekend at the antique fair. I really dig the new planter. Very nice! Any time you guys wanna meet up at the Good Old Kon Tiki me and Mrs. CH will be happy to oblige.....

M n' M

View Profile of cheeky half Send a personal message to cheeky half  Goto the website of cheeky half     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tucson Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-11 12:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks Mark! Did I get your number? Can't remember a damn thing. Nice meeting you at the antique fair. We will hook up for sure. We need to gather all the local tiki nuts.. When my place gets to a point I can entertain I will. Dale

Gooberfreek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-11 2:48 pm   Permalink

Luvin ur style dude itz wicked , I just recently picked up a hammer and chisel myself and carved my 1st Tiki a few weeks ago!!! I would love to be able to carve at your standard!!! they are so smooth... me thinx I must improve my sanding...

I luv the one with the earings, I might borrow that idea myself if thats OK dude?

View Profile of Gooberfreek Send a personal message to Gooberfreek      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation