FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Join us for Lala Bahooka 3/8/08 what a night $ 2,700 raised
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Join us for Lala Bahooka 3/8/08 what a night $ 2,700 raised
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-28 11:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-08 17:30, MakeDaMug wrote:
Here's what we're donating for the event...

Hey Dibroc, I hope you keep this set together for the raffle!
Someone is going to be lucky to get these!
Hopefully I can make it down!
Thanks for being a charitable person and organizing this! It looks like its going to be a great show for a great cause!

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 07:03 am   Permalink

Mahalo to Squid and Dave's Not Home for the donations.
The Bahooka has also kicked in a $25.00 GIFT CERTIFICATE. The room is over half full so get your RSVP in to be sure you are in the room for the show. Don't forget to visit
http://www.geocities.com/bahookarestaurant/menu.htm if you are coming to the show.

[ This Message was edited by: dibroc 2008-02-29 07:06 ]

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-29 2:02 pm   Permalink

I'll be there along with Ilene and little Trader Joe. Here's our donation for the event...a tiki pole from Oceanic Arts.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-29 3:16 pm   Permalink

Hey Tom! Looks like you're already there...cool! I'll look for you in the parking lot.

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-29 8:19 pm   Permalink

The stuff just keeps getting better & better! See ya there!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-03 08:11 am   Permalink

We are getting a GREAT response for the show. Thanks to all of you who have made reservations. We still have a few open tables so Let me know if you want to be sure to get a into the back room for the show. We will be able to have some extra seating but not sure how many till the night of the show.

Please be at the Bahooka by 7:15 (room opens at 7:00) so you can by raffle tickets, be seated, get a drink (or two) and order dinner prior to the the show stating. thanks John

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-03 10:26 pm   Permalink

Count me in for 2. I did not make a reservation. Can't wait!

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-04 07:29 am   Permalink

If you can't make it to Bahooka's this Saturday you can make a donation for the MS Walk. http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=26929&forum=15

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Aaron's Akua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-04 9:23 pm   Permalink

Nina & I will be there to hob-nob, cut the rug, & raise a mug! See you all there!!

Cheers,

Aaron

"Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness."
-Pablo Picasso

View Profile of Aaron's Akua Send a personal message to Aaron's Akua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-05 7:27 pm   Permalink

I really want to thank all of you for supporting this cause.
Proceeds are going to my MS Walk team.
Of course, why do I walk?
Because the light of my life, my best friend, my hunny, my wahine, Traci was diagnosed a couple years ago with MS.
while that diagnosis was a good thing so that we knew what the heck was going on with her, it doesnt make it any easier to deal with.
She has seemingly lost about 25% of her vision in one eye. She never knows when she is going to lose sensation in a limb, or lose her balance, or start forgetting things due to MS symptoms.
one good thing is that she is responding well to treatment - but that treatment involves giving herself a shot every other day - and she hates needles. the other part of the treatment is a low dose chemotherapy session every few months that makes her lose some of her hair (and she's a child of the 80's, so hair is pretty important), and makes her feel like crap for several days each time.

proceeds go to the MS Society, which funds research into new treatments, provides services to people with MS, and advocates for more research funding and defends the rights of those disabled by this disease.

So thank you for supporting this cause. And my greatest thanks of course go to Dibroc for pulling this together.

you all freaking rock!

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 09:28 am   Permalink

I have a few more things to share from the Lala Bahooka list.
A set of Ken Ruzic mugs. Oli'Oli, Pupule, and Kakaka. All 3 are signed by Kinny.

You will have to be at The Bahooka to see this one. Hmmm I think I have two of these mystery boxes.

[ This Message was edited by: dibroc 2008-03-06 09:47 ]

Skinny Dog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-06 4:25 pm   Permalink

OK so were going too and were bringing Sterling silver Tikis with Black Tahitian pearl
pendants to donate.

http://www.myspace.com/skinnydogdesigns

[ This Message was edited by: Skinny Dog 2008-03-06 17:00 ]

View Profile of Skinny Dog Send a personal message to Skinny Dog  Email Skinny Dog Goto the website of Skinny Dog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 4:48 pm   Permalink

BIG THANKS to everyone who has offered items for the show. The jewelry from Scott at Skinny Dog Designs looks great. I am looking forward to bidding on a piece or two for Paula and myself.

Soccer Tiki & Woohoo have just sweetened the pot.
How about 4 days and 3 nights in Puerto Vallarta Mexico at the La Jalla de Mismaloya!!
Your one bed room condo's balcony over looks the Mismaloya Bay where you can enjoy a wonderful sunset with Mai Tai in hand. The complex has a swimming pool, a jacuzzi, a tennis court, and an exercise room. You can walk along Mismaloya Beach and stop at one of the palapas on the beach and have a drink or eat lunch. Swim or snorkel in the bay. Scuba diving, sailing, kayaking, fishing, jet-skiing, parasailing and boat tours can be arranged from Mismaloya Beach. This Mexico get away has a retail value of over $350.00 and will be your's if you are the high bidder.
Chris has sent me a brochure full of pictures and a full descrition of the location. If I can figure out how to post it I will do so soon.

SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-07 4:54 pm   Permalink

Something for the auction:

How many days of this can you take??? Don't miss the auction at Bahooka tomorrow night!
WooooooHoooooOOOOOOOOooooooooooo!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 5:37 pm   Permalink

I just packed my over night bag and will be heading up the 15 from San Diego tomorrow morning. Glad my big family shindig in Azuza just happens to be the same weekend as this! Looks like it is going to be a lot of fun.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation