FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Apartment Bar...New shell lamp
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Apartment Bar...New shell lamp
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 3:26 pm   Permalink

You, sir, are a madman! Killer work as usual!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-15 4:04 pm   Permalink

yes! that puffer float is awe inspiring!
The rest is knockin me out as well!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-15 8:22 pm   Permalink

Great work!!
Your net tying is great!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-16 09:02 am   Permalink

Thanks to all for the kind words! I always hope that some of these basic projects will show people that it's not too hard to create on your own.

Slacks-It's hard for a landlord to complain when they're bound and gagged in your closet! No I'm just joking, my landlord is very lax on the renovation rules in my place (I just finished a nautical themed bathroom too, with wood paneling and all.) I told him I'd patch and paint everything when I go, but I guess he'll see the real damage when I take everything down!

Tikiskip- Thanks for the compliment; it means a lot coming from the guy who makes some of the coolest lamps around. Seeing your work always blows me away! Some day, I hope to own one of your creations.

Well, I've got to get to cutting bamboo for my tile wall divider. As always, comments and suggestions are much appreciated!

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-17 5:52 pm   Permalink

Hey Kahala finally found this thread you were talking about.Nice work and time you
have taken to create your own little paradise.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-18 9:14 pm   Permalink

I finished my new bamboo tile partition this weekend. I had it up Saturday night by about midnight, but ran out of rope to finish tying the tiles. I went throught about 220 feet of manila just to get these tiles secured. I routed the top and bottom pieces with some scrap redwood that was laying around. They've got a Witco kind of look, and they seem to do pretty well at keeping the bamboo frame secure.

View Profile of kahalakruzer Send a personal message to kahalakruzer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-01-19 10:14 am   Permalink

Love It!

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-01-19 10:19 am   Permalink

party at Kahala's this week!!

Gorgeous!!

GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 11:08 am   Permalink

superb and otherworldly!
PERFECT!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 11:16 am   Permalink

love it!

do you live in a rental? is it easily removable?

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-19 7:54 pm   Permalink

Dude! You're killin' me. That is awesome! Do they have more of those tiles &, if I may be so bold, how much $ ? I've got OA's catalog & they're not in it.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-21 4:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all for the kind words. Maybe once all of this rain stops, I'll have some kind of get together. I'm just glad that my place is upstairs, with all the flooding that's been going on.

Leleliz-My "apartment" is actually a condo, ergo, I don't have to deal with a leasing-office type of landlord. My place is owned by my roommate's parents, so they let me do a lot with it in the way of construction. There's obviously a ton of small holes, and a handful of drywall anchors, but nothing has been changed drastically enough to have any huge problems when it all comes down...well I hope at least.

Big Kahuna- There were still a handful of those tiles at OA. They're in a dusty old box under one of the racks, and I'm sure if you call and ask Bob, he could send them out to you. They weren't cheap at $36 a piece, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else. The one problem with the tiles, is that the mold used was at various stages of deterioration when the tiles were made. Some have a little bit of inlayed detail (like mine), and some have none whatsoever (they're the same color/shape/design though.) I took most of the nicer ones, but there were maybe 3 left with the same details. If you do end up getting the tiles, I'd ask them to try and match the similar tiles together. Good luck!

Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-01-21 11:21 pm   Permalink

Wow, love the tiles and the lighting. Amazing job.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahalakruzer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 4:42 pm   Permalink

Nothing new to post per se, and I don't want to be redundant with the bar pics, but one of my friends wanted to take practice taking pictures of my bar to test odd lighting conditions. Some of them turned out pretty cool.

Now back to whatever you were doing...

Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-19 5:35 pm   Permalink

Craig, I've been lurking in your thread for a while now, especially since we just moved back into an apartment last December. It makes me realize that "oh, well it's a rented apartment" is no excuse for not turning it into something totally kick-ass. Good work dude, sorry I didn't get to meet you at Don's this past Monday..I didn't know until afterwards you were there, next time! Later dude.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation