[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Travel Traveling to Cancun and Cozumel
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Traveling to Cancun and Cozumel
irishf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-10 6:25 pm   Permalink

In Cancun, I liked the casual, laid back restaurant "100% Natural", and downtown Cancun has my favorite restaurant, "La Habichuela". The tour to Chichen Itza was very worth it. I have a few photos of these on my blog (excuse my grumpy text, I must have been in a mood when I blogged!) :
http://yogaluca.blogspot.com/search?q=cancun

Here's a direct link to a panoramic vid of La Habichuela:
http://www.lahabichuela.com/espanol/jardin.htm

View Profile of irishf Send a personal message to irishf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zeta
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-27 6:23 pm   Permalink

Aloha amigos!
Many years ago there was a Polynesian bar in Cancun... Near Camino Real... I don't know if it is still there.

Z

Complete tiki Spain

View Profile of Zeta Send a personal message to Zeta  Goto the website of Zeta     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HopeChest
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2018-06-28 11:24 am   Permalink

I will be spending a week in Playa Del Carmen in November. Very first time ever on the Mexican Riviera!

I'm not very interested in hunting down tiki stuff (which is good cos there isn't any). However, I am VERY interested in bringing back some bottles of rum and tequila. It looks like there's a 5-litre limit per checked bag so between the missus and I, we should be able to bring back a nice selection of bottles. What I am wondering is: given its proximity, can you find Cuban and/or Jamaican rums that you are unable to get here in the US? I know you can find Havana Club in Mexico but I am wondering if there's any distribution of others. If so, I will happily take a cab wherever I need to in order to bring back some rare goods.

Any recommendations on particular bottles and/or where to seek them out is greatly appreciated!

View Profile of HopeChest Send a personal message to HopeChest      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation