FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums ╗ ╗ Creating Tiki ╗ ╗ Other Crafts ╗ ╗ Tikis By Dirk From Palm Springs
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tikis By Dirk From Palm Springs
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-01 12:10 am   Permalink

Aloha kÔkou !!
New Stuff Finally !!! More to come!!

Hope you all like them.

Mahalo nui loa

"Akua IV"

"Akua Melemele"

"Akua Pua"

"Akua Lau"

"Akua 'aka iki"

"The Cannibal Drum"

"Aloha"

"Oceania II"

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-03-18 23:09 ]

[ This Message was edited by: dirk yates 2008-03-25 20:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-03-25 20:39 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-13 08:43 ]

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-03 1:18 pm   Permalink

Looking good Dirk. Are those pen and ink with paint?

Rory tells me you are vending at Tiki Caliente in May, true?
He also tells me you want to have a former spaghetti western star bartend in your room?
As a fan of the spaghetti western I'm really curious who it might be. If it's a secret I understand.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-03 11:54 pm   Permalink

Wow, Thanks Doug!!
Your input is truly appreciated. You are one hell of an amazing artist!! I totally dig your stuff. Yup I will be vending at the show in May (rum drink in hand and straw hat).

A very dear friend will be bartending and I will let it out when I get all my ducks in a row. Its my very first appearance on the tiki scene and I am really looking forward to it.

Actually they are pencil then pen & ink. Haven't ventured into guache painting techniques yet. I am still refining my process. I hope the results look good.

Mahalo,
Dirk
aka
Kimo
aka
Tiki Dirk
http://www.yatesstudios.com

View Profile of Dirk Yates Send a personal message to Dirk Yates  Email Dirk Yates Goto the website of Dirk Yates     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-18 11:14 pm   Permalink

Aloha kÔkou !!
New Stuff Finally !!! More to come!! Here are some of my latest drawings. Hope you like these new pieces. Loads more cool stuff comin down the pipeline to the Tiki-Caliente in Palm Springs too!!

Mahalo nui loa

PS - Yes, prints are ready now and available for purchase.

"The Cannibal Drum"

"Aloha"

"Oceania II"

Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-25 8:41 pm   Permalink

Aloha My fellow TC'ers,

Here ya go I am keeping up with this post. Here is some of my latest work.

Be sure to come by and see all of us at Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-25 9:45 pm   Permalink

Good luck to you in the Springs. Maybe this show will start a new tradition and bring in new blood to true tiki style.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-25 11:10 pm   Permalink

Well, with Wildsville Man and M Modern Hosting it should be great!! There will some great talent present at the show and I am very honored to be included. You should come down and join in the festivities. You've got some real talent!!

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-26 01:07 am   Permalink

Cool stuff, Dirk!

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-03-26 07:57 am   Permalink

Thanks Sam,

I really appreciate hearing that from an amazing artist like yourself. I totally dig your work. Are you coming down for the Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs in May? We would love to have you.

Sam Gambino
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-26 08:57 am   Permalink

Thanks Dirk! I won't be making it to Palm Springs although I wish I could. I have about 3 different circumstances holding me back at that time! Maybe next time...

www.samgambino.com

View Profile of Sam Gambino Send a personal message to Sam Gambino  Email Sam Gambino Goto the website of Sam Gambino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-01 11:30 pm   Permalink

Aloha kÔkou !!

Here are a couple of my new pieces. This week I will be posting the photos of my paintings finally. Please let me know what you think of my work.

Tiki Bob

Akua III

Akua II

Hit me up if you have any comments or suggestions.

Mahalo, Dirk

Be sure to get in on the Greatest Tiki Event of the Year. Come to sunny Palm Springs and see my work at The Tiki Caliente event May 9-11 at the Caliente Tropics.

Come check it out!!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-06 10:19 am   Permalink

Looking forward to catching a print at the Springs. I love your style. See ya at Caliente.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-13 08:41 am   Permalink

Hurry rooms are going fast!!!! Hit up Wildsville Man!!! Be sure to get in on the Greatest Tiki Event of the Year. Come to sunny Palm Springs and see my work at The Tiki Caliente event May 9-11 at the Caliente Tropics.

Come check out all the cool festivities and art!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 17:23 ]

Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-30 5:24 pm   Permalink

Aloha kÔkou !!

Here are a couple of my new pieces. Please let me know what you think of my work.

Mahalo, Dirk

Be sure to get in on the Greatest Tiki Event of the Year. Come to sunny Palm Springs and see my work at The Tiki Caliente event May 9-11 at the Caliente Tropics.

Come check it out!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 17:25 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 19:10 ]

Dirk Yates
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-04-30 5:51 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Yates 2008-04-30 19:11 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation