FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » ***Tonga Hut art show *** February 23, 2008***
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
***Tonga Hut art show *** February 23, 2008***
TikiRick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-25 08:43 am   Permalink

Thanks Grog, it was nice to meet you and the other people I met there even though I could only stay for a few minutes. It was my first TC event.
Rick

View Profile of TikiRick Send a personal message to TikiRick  Email TikiRick Goto the website of TikiRick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikihai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 09:45 am   Permalink

Ojaitimo> never thought I would get to the end of your post...every picture told a story and I just envied them all. Glad you posted them.

I loved the Thor mug with the cowrie lips and bamboo ears/nose. First time I had ever seen it. Arrrsome

View Profile of tikihai Send a personal message to tikihai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 09:49 am   Permalink

Thanks, this was my favorite!

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 11:04 am   Permalink

Thanks Grog thanks for being in “tight” with the owners of the Tonga Hut who so graciously
accommodate the artists. Great show, Great Artists, Great stuff.

I got my Tiki Diablo bowl and these cute little monkey “See/Hear/Speak No Evil” shot glasses
from GoTiki. Speaking of monkeys....I also I touched Sabu’s monkey....monkey pendant that
is......Did ya’ll know that it’s a real monkey skull!

Kate, thanks for the 411 on the mugs, always a plethora of knowledge. I’m sporting one of my
lovely Bowana pendant at work today. Hiphipahula -- we finally had more than 2 words!

And, Boris, I’ll put in a good word as to how “adorable” you are, and I’m certain Hiltiki will as well to the “Future Mrs. Bora Boris”.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 11:11 am   Permalink

And thanks to Trevor for the addition of the Lapu Lapu to the evening's menu!

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 11:13 am   Permalink

Quote:

My favorite picture.

No really, Stacey had a great time, proof below.

[ This Message was edited by: Swamp Fire 2008-02-25 11:30 ]

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 11:23 am   Permalink

Thanks Groggy for putting on another great show!
It was great seeing everyone.

We brought Wildsville man but he just would'nt get out of the car.
That boy has to get over his shyness, Ha.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 6:36 pm   Permalink

Had a great time....it was cozy there with the rain outside and the tummy warming rum inside the hut. No one will believe I attended this event in Hawaii though!! I think I successfully dodged every picture taken in this thread!!! HAaaa
Thanks to Grog and all the artists for great friends and art sharing...

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 9:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog, we had a blast. Good seeing my hommies there. Great time!

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 10:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I know I said I would to sell my soul to you, but I didn't think you'd take me seriously! Diablo? really...

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gonegoannas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-26 07:35 am   Permalink

It was a good time, thanks Grog for putting on the show. I was only there for a short time as we went to Tiki-Ti first and the cocktails were kickin in. I did pick up some mugs from Thor and Go Tiki (thanks for the pendant)and one of Doug Horne's pencil on paper. Everybody had great stuff...Thor almost gave us two mugs for practically free (on accident)and we had a good laugh out of that. Well, back to finishing up the home bar so I can have a place to put everything. Thanks again.

Jeff

[ This Message was edited by: gonegoannas 2008-02-26 07:51 ]

View Profile of gonegoannas Send a personal message to gonegoannas  Email gonegoannas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-26 2:03 pm   Permalink

Great time!!!! Tonga hut rocks - it was great seeing old tiki friends and meeting new ones. The artists that were displaying work and selling all had top-notch stuff and if you weren't there you totally missed out.

It was great to chat with those I was able to, and I guessed I missed quite a few of you after looking at the great pictures posted. Tonga hut isn't THAT big!!!

Extra thanks to go-go for passing out the free ceramic pendants, that was super cool of ya!

Until next time!!!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 2:07 pm   Permalink

Dani and Myself had a Great time at the Tonga Hut, It was nice to be in the mist of so many Great artist, What a fun experince for me! Thank You Grog for the invite, And Ana and Jeremy for sharing the Tonga Hut, I also meet so many fellow TCer's, What a cool crowd of people you are, And last but not least, I was honored to meet a couple of F-O-M members, Caroline and Stacy, Who enjoyed some cocktails in their F-O-M moai mugs, Thanks All, Mahalo! Gogo

Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-27 5:38 pm   Permalink

Nice seeing all the artists and their goodies. GoTikis bowls were pretty cool up close (thanks for the pendant). I met up with Polypop again after the big surf show in Long Beach. Long drive in the rain.....traffic sucked. I guess we left too early as I see a lot more TCers showed up. My fist trek to the Tonga Hut since the remodel......looks great. Will have to return with my chauffeur so I can check out the cocktails.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation