FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
TikiMango
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-27 8:02 pm   Permalink

I'm in for a movie night at the Mission Drive-in... uh, who's bringing the scantily clad performers?

View Profile of TikiMango Send a personal message to TikiMango  Email TikiMango     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-28 10:28 am   Permalink

I think I remember hearing he was going to do them every other year.

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 7:18 pm   Permalink

Hey everybody!

I've haven't logged on to TC for so long! Too darn busy! Shame on me! LOL

Here's the latest, official update... There will be no Tiki-Invasion in 2009, alas. We were hoping to put one together but couldn't get our sponsorship deal done in time and I needed that for the green light from corporate.

I am busy planning Atlanta's Drive-Invasion for Labor Day weekend, September 5th and 6th! Stay tuned!

Thanks very much!

'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 7:29 pm   Permalink

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-10 7:34 pm   Permalink

I know, I know... me too

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-10 7:57 pm   Permalink

Good hearing from you tho' Vid'....

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-12 5:32 pm   Permalink

Thanks! The next time I post I am sure it will be all good news!

Meanwhile at my other gig (running the Saddle Sore Saloon in Norco, CA) I booked a very hip country act for Feb 21st, The Derailers from Austin, TX. These guys are the real honky tonk country deal with a touch of early 60's pop sensibility, they are NOT the modern day commercial Nashville crap, and they KILL when they do a Buck Owens cover, of which there are a few. $5 cover, such a deal! It's Teri's birthday bash and I always book a great band for the event. Everyone come on out if you're in the mood for something different, get your Hee Haw on, LOL. By the way, we serve a great Mai Tai, I make sure of that. 16oz and $7.50 made from a secret recipe.

Speaking of Mai Tais, congrats to Notcho for his interview in the article "It's Tiki Time" in "The Tasting Panel" magazine. The mag is a bar industry trade publication, and the writer for the article is a guy named Camper English. The article quips about how rum based drinks are making "big waves again". Rum drinks making a comeback? Did they ever lose favor with the public? Anyway thanks to both those guys for helping to spread the word.

tropicali*honey
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2009-02-12 6:32 pm   Permalink

bummer on no invasion '09! I was really looking forward to it!
Also, putting in my 2cents--The Derailers are awesome! I lived in Austin for 5 years, and have seen them countless times--great old school country-and even a little beatles thrown in

View Profile of tropicali*honey Send a personal message to tropicali*honey  Email tropicali*honey Goto the website of tropicali*honey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-13 8:19 pm   Permalink

Yeah, we are all really looking forward to The Derailers show on the 21st. In fact, Brian's mom is going to be here for the show, I talked to her on the phone for about an hour, what a nice old fashioned Texas lady, LOL This weekend for Valentine's we have Johnny Falstaff, another Texan that you may be familiar with?

morbidboy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-11 6:01 pm   Permalink

AHHH!!!!! I just got my other car finished hoping for tiki invasion 09'

View Profile of morbidboy Send a personal message to morbidboy  Email morbidboy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiphantom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-04-12 9:19 pm   Permalink

Post the pics of the car!

View Profile of Tikiphantom Send a personal message to Tikiphantom  Email Tikiphantom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MamboKing
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-13 12:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-02-13 20:19, 'Vid wrote:
This weekend for Valentine's we have Johnny Falstaff, another Texan that you may be familiar with?

I am familiar with him. Hell, I was at the Valentine's show.
http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/RadioFreeBakersfield
http://www.sandiegojoe.com/rfb.htm

View Profile of MamboKing Send a personal message to MamboKing  Email MamboKing Goto the website of MamboKing     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 2:39 pm   Permalink

Who wants to bring back the Invasion?!?!?!!?!? MEEEEEEEEE!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 8:17 pm   Permalink

We would LOVE to see another Invasion happen too. Mind giving us a ride, DNH?

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-10 11:13 pm   Permalink

Me 3

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation