FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
TIKI INVASION II, Saturday May 3rd 2008 - Mission Tiki Drive-In Theatre
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 11:16 pm   Permalink

Tiki drive in rules,
bring it back.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 11:37 pm   Permalink

I'll second that emotion....bring back the Invasion!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 11:41 pm   Permalink

Joe Collins

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 07:01 am   Permalink

I miss it too!

Vendors, live music, pop-movies, friends old and new...my idea of a great day.

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martini kings
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 10:48 am   Permalink

cars,girls,tiki- what could be better than that vid?

View Profile of martini kings Send a personal message to martini kings  Email martini kings Goto the website of martini kings     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 1:35 pm   Permalink

I concur, most readily: bring back the TIKI INVASION.

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happychi
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2010-02-11 3:46 pm   Permalink

I wish they would bring it back this year! The last one was a blast. Tiki Kings AND Tikiyaki....pleaseeeee bring it back!

View Profile of happychi Send a personal message to happychi  Goto the website of happychi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

Unknown Hinson!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 4:18 pm   Permalink

Unknown Hinson!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-11 8:42 pm   Permalink

and a puking Hanson.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-12 3:02 pm   Permalink

Yeah! Would love for the TIki Invasion to return!
Bands, vendors, a drive in movie?!?! What could be better?!?!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 2:17 pm   Permalink

Vid, I'm sure your message box is full by now with requests ... people want to know.

TIKI INVASION 2010!!!

Let's do this!

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-13 2:20 pm   Permalink

I vote for fall, like late September or so,
spring would be good to, but I know it takes a long time to put big events together.

Jeff(btd)

'Vid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-09 8:52 pm   Permalink

I am thrilled to see such an outpouring of support for Tiki-Invasion!

Hey, I am right there with you, I say "bring it back" too. However, I no longer work for the drive-in movie company, so the massive duties of organizing that event will have to fall on somebody else's shoulders.

It was an honor organizing Tiki-Invasions 2006 and 2008... the fun and the memories generated from being so closely involved is an amazing experience! In 2008 I had virtually no help organizing the event, not complaining, it is a labor of love but it was exhausting and put me considerably behind in my normal daily responsibilities. I don't wish to go through that again. Believe me I look forward to another Tiki-Invasion, but I look forward to enjoying it from a patio chair with a TALL polynesian drink in my hand.

Every once in a while, I hear some music and catch myself thinking "Hey! That would be a perfect Tiki-Invasion band". Then I realize what I am doing and slap myself, hahahahhahaha.

All of your comments here on Tiki Central have been forwarded to Frank at DeAnza Land & Leisure (Frank works for DeAnza, the corporation that owns the Mission Tiki Drive-In), so he is well aware of the demand. Lets cross our fingers and hope they get something going!

Cheers, 'Vid

View Profile of 'Vid Send a personal message to 'Vid  Email 'Vid Goto the website of 'Vid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RoseRed
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-19 11:06 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-02 22:05, atomikitty wrote:
Los Angeles and Hollywood Ohana!

It looks like I may be in need of a ride down to the tiki invasion!!!

My 62' Comet told me today that she's not up to it, and the ol' man's stuck in the dungeons of his stupid evil law firm all weekend!

Please spread the word, and e-mail me if you can help!

I will of course drive to your house or meeting point, and chip in for gas/food/fun.

MAHALO, and I HOPE I HOPE I HOPE to see you tomorrow!

-Suzy

Suzy- if u still need a ride... I'm your GAL!- Rose(red)

View Profile of RoseRed Send a personal message to RoseRed      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation