FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente May 9th-May 11th 2008 in Palm Springs
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 6:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-20 13:54, Riptide wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-02-20 10:47, Ojaitimo wrote:
How about the guy that was there last weekend. Looks like Brother Iz and I hear that he is good, Is he going to be there?

That guy's name is Titus and he is very good. He plays in the bar at Duke's in Huntington Beach a lot in the summer. He also is good friends and often plays Hawaiian gigs with Pat from The Smokin' Menehunes. DIG!

Yeah, dat be uncle Titus!

I played a gig with him and Pat. The guy can sure sing!

And yes, that's a spitoon.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 09:02 am   Permalink

UPDATE ON ENTERTAINMENT*****************************WILDSVILLE MAN AND TIKI CALIENTE ARE PROUD TO PRESENT

MUSIC THAT YOU DRINK AND DANCE TOO

The vendor list is growing and the entertainment is well on it's way too......

Thanks to all the Freaks of Tiki that have locked-in to the show

The second group of rooms is almost sold out!!!!!!!

Smokin Menehunes and Martini Kings!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S LIKE CHRISTMAS IN MAY!!!!! DIG?

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-02-25 3:24 pm   Permalink

The Music at the Pool. The Room Parties. The vendors. The Kings. The Menehunes! It's what the Caliente Tropics was made for!!! And in the perfectly warm weather of May!

Picture yourself here with a drink in your hand and some tunes in your ears!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 2:13 pm   Permalink

What about Hula girls Wildsville?
I'll be showing Hula Girls in my room, and showing my collection of vintage Hula girls and other stuff, but I think we would all prefer the seeing real Hula girls. Well maybe not all of us, but most of us anyway.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:35 pm   Permalink

Wildsville Man ? Wildsville Man???? More like bustin my balls man . As soon as I jump on the Caliente bandwagon , this guy is killing me to reproduce Doug Hornes Poster tiki . Like the Bali Hai tiki , its one thing to carve your own but to recreate someone elses fine art into 3D is a killer .Any ways its not done yet but he insists that I show some teaser pics of it . I hope you like it . Now everyone write him hate mail for him to stop treating me like his "kick dog , whipping boy!"

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:47 pm   Permalink

WAAAAAAAH!
Quit griping TikiRAy!
i know lots of carvers who would JUMP at the chance to carve the "mascot" tiki for an event!
All your griping is robbing you of precious energy needed to carve that thing....
so quit being such a Whineybaby and get back to the chisels!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 3:51 pm   Permalink

Chisels ???? I thought we could only use butterknifes and nailclippers .

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 6:01 pm   Permalink

butterknives and nail clippers?!?
No wonder you're griping!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-26 7:07 pm   Permalink

Dear Whipping boy,
I am sorry I need to hound you but every time I call,you seem to be in the bathroom reading that
magazine your Tikis were featured in. I know you read it only for the articles so that's O.K.
If you need something new to read, try TIKI MAGAZINE!!!!!! YOU CAN EVEN READ IT IN PUBLIC!!!!DIG?

GREAT WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-26 19:08 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki

Posted: 2008-02-27 08:41 am   Permalink

Ray!!! That tiki is already looking awesome!!! Can't wait to see it live!!!!

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 08:47 am   Permalink

Great job on the carving Ray!
Does it have a root ball? I notice the top is not shown in any of the pics.
I wish I could take credit for the design. I tried to add some touches of my own.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 08:58 am   Permalink

Quote:
Does it have a root ball? I notice the top is not shown in any of the pics.

Hey Doug! Judging from this pic it don't.....
He looks bald as Curly from here......

Maybe someone can bring a rainbow wig or pith helmet for him to wear!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook too! under my real name Ken Ruzic
Yeeeeeeeah!

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 1:29 pm   Permalink

New Poster Updated as of last week......more to come!!!!!!!!

Tiki Caliente website updates coming this week also

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/

Updated vendor list as of last week from the website of tiki caliente!!!!!!!!

http://www.tiki-caliente.com/vendor.html

Thanks for all the support from all the tiki fan's...........second set of rooms almost sold out also!!!

anyone interested in vending please contact me so we can get you on the vendor list..

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-27 13:32 ]

TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 3:29 pm   Permalink

No it doesnt have a rootball . I just just didnt have one in my vast warehouse . But I will come up with something . My first impression of your poster is that I can use bent pipecleaners . .....hahaha . Just kidding . Ive got some ideas and now Im on a quest to justify your work .Maybe I can scalp Don King or something .LLT already cut off his hair and is selling it . PM some ideas at me .
Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

tonycoconut

Posted: 2008-02-27 3:31 pm   Permalink

Dude i don't know how you do it but this thing is getting better and better all the time!!!! Now I'm drooling to throw back some Mai Tais and bending some elbows with every one!!!!!

View Profile of tonycoconut Send a personal message to tonycoconut  Email tonycoconut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation