FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The King Kamehameha Tiki House, Sedalia, MO (other)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
The King Kamehameha Tiki House, Sedalia, MO (other)
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-25 10:14 pm   Permalink

I have been wondering how your efforts to obtain any vintage photos and ephemera from the owners have been going, guys. Any success?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-28 03:39 am   Permalink

I was wondering if any new material has surfaced on this fine find. I think of the Sedalia Tiki House often!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-30 9:34 pm   Permalink

I am thinking less often of this fine discovery nowadays, but I still do, so here's a bump to show I am still curious to see if our intrepid TC explorers unearthed further materials.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-05 3:15 pm   Permalink

What on earth happened to the valiant members of the expedition and their findings? Maybe we have to send out a second team to follow their footsteps and solve the mysterious silence that hovers over this momentous discovery!?

uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-05 3:37 pm   Permalink

A search party may be in order. I'd like to see the place as well. A great find.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-07 9:09 pm   Permalink

This summer was much busier for me than I'd expected (which for a self-employed photographer is not a bad thing). Additional information has been hard to come by. This place has been flying under the radar for FAR longer than I've lived in the area. Maybe we can put something together for pre-season '09. I hope so.

We WILL return!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lucy Diamond
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-12-27 6:28 pm   Permalink

We're still in for helping out if something can be put together.

Mr. LDT & Kekona
Columbia, MO

View Profile of Lucy Diamond Send a personal message to Lucy Diamond      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-10 5:57 pm   Permalink

Time for a bump on this great place. Just got the postcard.

Here is the info on the back.

Anybody been in the last 4 years? Silverline?

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-10 11:52 pm   Permalink

Man, DC, great find. I just stumbled upon this thread again because of your post of the King Kamehameha Hotel rendering. This Tiki temple is still one of THE great American Tiki archeology discoveries, in all its odd glory.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2012-11-10 23:54 ]

TropicDrinkBoy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-13 04:41 am   Permalink

Marie on Critiki has been there and posted an interesting comment in 2011: http://critiki.com/location/?loc_id=651

Also see http://www.tableof5catering.com/tikihouseofsedaliamo.html for an update.

I'd be more verbose but I hate typing on an iPad in bed at 4:30 am when I have to get up in 2 hours!

[ This Message was edited by: TropicDrinkBoy 2012-11-13 04:42 ]

View Profile of TropicDrinkBoy Send a personal message to TropicDrinkBoy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-13 11:54 am   Permalink

The TiPSY factor is fairly low, but he has us all beat in regards to our home bars. My wife would not let me dig a lake and make an island in it and build a Tiki Bar... A nice lasting legacy.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation