FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Smiley and Inky visit New York....Chan\\'s Dragon Inn Feb. 15
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Smiley and Inky visit New York....Chan\\'s Dragon Inn Feb. 15
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-07 2:59 pm   Permalink

Returning to the scene of the crime, former NYC Centralite, Inky, is taking Mr. Smiley to Chan's in Ridgefield next Friday night, to show him how we roll on the Atlantic side.

Any current or past folks wanna join us???

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 8:29 pm   Permalink

Hey, we met you guys at the Trader Vic's party in Vegas and would love to meet up again! We're driving back home that day from Massachusetts, but let us know what time and we'll try to be there!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 10:29 pm   Permalink

have fun you guys. i miss you.

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-02-11 09:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-07 20:29, velveteenlounge wrote:
Hey, we met you guys at the Trader Vic's party in Vegas and would love to meet up again! We're driving back home that day from Massachusetts, but let us know what time and we'll try to be there!

Probably around 7 but we are open, what is your schedule? We will pm a phone number!

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 2:23 pm   Permalink

i am THIRSTY!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 7:19 pm   Permalink

Dammit! Nicole and I will be in Memphis this weekend.

However, I am sure there are NY/NJ ohana who will want to welcome you back to the chilly east coast!

Have a great time and stay warm. If you lived here before you probably know the best spots, but if you can fit it in, try the drinks at Flatiron Lounge on 19th between 5th and 6th. Their classic cocktails are great and they will usually make a mai tai or zombie if its not already on their changing menu that night.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 7:34 pm   Permalink

Aloha! The Mr. and I are always up for ohana gatherings on our side of the river, and we'd love to join you. 7 or so is fine for us.

VL: If you and the Capt. are drivin' down, perhaps we can also do our fabric handoff? LM: Too bad that you and Birdgirl can't make it!

Gina & Damian

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 8:14 pm   Permalink

Would luv to attend may have to work too late to make food maybe a drink or 2. Keep this thread alive and I'll post closer to the date. I hope to see ALL again!

"We've got to keep meeting like this"

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 08:02 am   Permalink

7:00 is probably great for us, so I'll plan on that. Inky, I'm PMing you my phone number, too, and Martiki-bird, I'll bring the fabric.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-02-13 4:46 pm   Permalink

hey this sounds great! We are flying out tonight and look forward to seeing everybody.

Is anyone interested in sharing a car/cab out there?

let us know, otherwise it's the bus!

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 8:22 pm   Permalink

well just got home form work 11:30p so I guess I missed it - post pics see ya around!

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-16 4:23 pm   Permalink

It was great seeing InkyLouise and MrSmiley while they were in town! Here are a few pix of our journey to Chan's Dragon Inn:

NY/NJ ohana with InkyLouise and MrSmiley

They didn't come alone!

The wahines:

Hopefully we'll see you guys again before too long!

paranoid123
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-17 9:54 pm   Permalink

Sorry you couldn't make it, Sneakyjack, we had a seat waiting for you!

We had a good time, and some people went home with some pretty good Chan's swag. If we are to believe the manager, Mr Wong, it's the last of the matchbooks and salt shakers (OMC).

Thanks again to Martiki-Bird and Looie Kalua for driving me back home. Actually afterwards, we kept the party going by heading to Otto's then chilling at Japonais. Thanks guys!

View Profile of paranoid123 Send a personal message to paranoid123      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise

Posted: 2008-02-19 4:32 pm   Permalink

What a great time! Thanks for the hospitality, we love Chans too!

mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-23 3:49 pm   Permalink

Thanks, it was a blast. So nice to hear about all the old tiki places still in existence on the East Coast-and coming away with some souvenirs from the Chan private stash was icing on the cake. ZAZZ!
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation