FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » The London Luau 2008, 6,7,8th June
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The London Luau 2008, 6,7,8th June
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 08:22 am   Permalink

The London Luau swings into Town once again on the 6,7,8th June.
Confirmed acts this year include Waitiki & I Bella de Waikikii, with the usual Saturday night at Trader Vics in Full Luau style.
plus much much more that will be up on the website in a short while.
We look forward to seeing some old faces again and meeting some new.
We would also like to say ahuge thanks to this years Luau Artist, Charlie Adam from France. If you haven't already seen his work check it out at
http://www.bungalowgraphics.com/

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 10:04 am   Permalink

I'm so bored with the U...S...A...
But what can I do?

Hmmm, let's see, Frisco to London: 5,370 miles

That's not too far.

London calling, who's with me? Vayamos los Americanos!
el midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-08 11:21 am   Permalink

...meanwhile things are hotting up in the west end alright

Thanks again for throwing me a weekend-long party for my birthday on 6 June, guys!

Looking forward to it!

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-08 11:29 pm   Permalink

Fab News.

Shaping up to be a good one, looking forward to seeing the new acts. Better get my crayons out for some new pieces for the artshow. Hey Trader Jim, that's a deadline for pocketiki magazine!

It will be good to catch up with you, Midnite. Need to return the hospitality you showed me at forbidden island.

Nice job on the event art Charlie.

Devil Reef Bar Blog
http://www.devilreef.com

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-09 08:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-08 10:04, midnite_tiki wrote:
I'm so bored with the U...S...A...
But what can I do?

Hmmm, let's see, Frisco to London: 5,370 miles

That's not too far.

London calling, who's with me? Vayamos los Americanos!
el midnite

Midnite - I've been thinking about trying to make this one work for a few months now.... I don't know how many weekenders I can swing this summer but I'd love to! Let's talk!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-10 02:20 am   Permalink

Waitiki is really coming ??
And Midnite again ? And I belly ? And all my favorite british friends ? And my artist pal from France ?

I can't miss that ! But in the same time, I have a wedding I can't miss !! HELP. I need a plan.

Ok, my best solution is to broke the couple apart. I'll go to him and say I had sex with his bride.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiracer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-10 08:28 am   Permalink

Hey virani

If you need some proof, I'm sure Trader Jim can makeup some convincing photos!!

Hope you can make it.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiracer 2008-02-10 11:07 ]

View Profile of tikiracer Send a personal message to tikiracer  Goto the website of tikiracer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-02-10 09:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

Midnite - I've been thinking about trying to make this one work for a few months now.... I don't know how many weekenders I can swing this summer but I'd love to! Let's talk!

Suzanne

Please come!! We'd love to see you here and make you very welcome.

Will you be at VLV in April, Suzanne? Chris and I are coming over. PM us.

Liz

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

[ This Message was edited by: 54 house of bamboo 2008-02-10 09:30 ]

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 12:00 am   Permalink

virani wrote:

And Midnite again?

Actually, I never left London. I'm still looking for Trailer Happiness.

I can't miss that ! But in the same time, I have a wedding I can't miss !! HELP. I need a plan.

No Virani? No Jimmy Virani!?! Oy! that is not bon. The "Tiki International" table cool factor just dropped by a considerable amount. At a minimum you have to attend part of the Luau, one day. Something.

Suzanne, do consider making it over. The London Luau is the best. The best. It's in London! Plus, these UK folk are top drawer.

Got my room booked, my airline ticket purchased...draw blood!

Loud American,
midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 10:38 am   Permalink

Draw blood!

Midnite, I'm certainly working on it. I'll letcha know. The Luau and Huk back to back would be a dynamite two weeks of tiki bliss. I think I'll have to order a spare liver for the occasion.

Liz and Chris, I will be at VLV (at least, as long as all goes according to plan)! I'll see you then!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 04:21 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: kon-hemsby 2008-03-09 00:10 ]

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 04:21 am   Permalink

So when are the London Luau tickets up for grabs? I missed it last year and that ain't gonna happen this time around.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-12 04:38 am   Permalink

I'll not be there this year, I'm off round the world on march the 1st and hope to be in Kiribati in time for the London Luau.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 05:28 am   Permalink

YESSSS - the luau is on the exact weekend I'll be arriving in London...

NOOOOOOO... I have to head to Cardiff for a stag weekend on the 7th... ahh the cruelty of it all - DAMMIT!!!

I'll be keeping a keen eye on the Friday and Sunday activities anyway, will certainly be keen to check out the artwork and meet some peeps at least...

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bungalow Charlie

Posted: 2008-03-06 06:50 am   Permalink

Aloha Jamie, aloha everyone !
I am glad to see my new London Luau 2008 picture is now on ! I hope people will like it and that it's going to be a nice one this year !
I've only just registered ( at last ) to Tiki Central. So I am very happy to join the tribe, but I'm not quite sure how to use it yet !

Salut Virani, hi Tiki Racer ! Good to read about you guys here ! I hope you are well.
Still not much to say about the Tiki scene on this side of France !

Virani ? Any news from the Paris jungle ?

Apart from that, I have recently discovered "Don Tiki" music on I-tunes + their website, just wicked ! Highly recommended !

Mahalo, à bientôt.

Charlie Adam.

View Profile of Bungalow Charlie Send a personal message to Bungalow Charlie  Email Bungalow Charlie Goto the website of Bungalow Charlie     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation