FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events The London Luau 2008, 6,7,8th June
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The London Luau 2008, 6,7,8th June
Trader Tark
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-07 2:20 pm   Permalink

I've never been to this. So i would hope to at least make it to some of this, this year.. Am i right in thinking that different events are at different venues on all these nights?

View Profile of Trader Tark Send a personal message to Trader Tark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-03-08 11:52 am   Permalink

Yes... different venues nightly.

Did you look for the review of last year's Luau? It was fantastic!

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=24432&forum=4&hilite=luau%20london%202007

Hope you decide to come.

The Stevenson Wedding Mug by Cheekytiki, 2006

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-09 6:05 pm   Permalink

looking forward to the release of the details......

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 04:20 am   Permalink

Any updates Cheeky?

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-17 2:15 pm   Permalink

will there be an art show this year?

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-30 05:54 am   Permalink

must be some kind of announcement soon...??

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-15 12:48 pm   Permalink

Come on guys, whats going on? No answers to e-mails, no time-table nor venues. Only three weeks left...

View Profile of El Buho Send a personal message to El Buho  Email El Buho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 07:35 am   Permalink

I guess the Cheekytikis are going to say it here, but they just announced by Email that the event is postponed until early september, due to events out of their control.

I personnaly hope it will be the first week end of september, as I can't come the second.

Cheers.

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
fez monkey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-17 2:38 pm   Permalink

Aigggh!

My 2 month long trip of western Europe's tiki won't be the same if this is true. I'm still coming to London either way, but man what a bummer. I still have a fine batch of tiki bars in the city to check out though. (MUST. THINK. POSITIVE. THOUGHTS.)

- SV

View Profile of fez monkey Send a personal message to fez monkey  Email fez monkey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Buho
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-18 01:06 am   Permalink

Now the flight I booked three weeks ago to London is good for nothing. Thank god I'm a billionair and money doesn't mean anything to me...
I can't understand why these english folks don't answer mails or don't spread this news as soon as possible. As the london luau hp wasn't updated in the last three months I can't believe that they didn't knew that it will not happen at the prenounced time earlier. Not very professional

View Profile of El Buho Send a personal message to El Buho  Email El Buho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIWAGON
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-18 11:19 am   Permalink

Hi SV

Let us know when you are coming over to England and we will try and get a few of us tiki guys together and meet up with you at one of the bars or maybe a few, as it would be a shame for you not to meet a few of us, and it would be good to meet you too!

View Profile of TIKIWAGON Send a personal message to TIKIWAGON  Email TIKIWAGON Goto the website of TIKIWAGON     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chrisc
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-18 3:59 pm   Permalink

Count me in! Let's have a "Not-The-London-Luau" get-together!

View Profile of Chrisc Send a personal message to Chrisc  Goto the website of Chrisc     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 01:17 am   Permalink

Sorry about the news everyone. The Luau has had to have been postponed this year for a variety of different reasons.
But we fully intend on happening in September.
For those who having already booked travel arrangements that can't be changed we are sorry, please PM us we have an idea.
For those who are still intend on coming no matter what, there is no reason why someone should not organise a small get together of the local contingency.
We hope we can see you all in september.

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 07:22 am   Permalink

OUCH! Band-aids anybody?

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomictonytiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-05-20 12:40 am   Permalink

Hurrah for september, more time for me to send artwork, now if they just pospond it to the 12 of october i'd be landing in britain on my return from around the world.

View Profile of atomictonytiki Send a personal message to atomictonytiki  Goto the website of atomictonytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation