FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving i love teak oil!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
i love teak oil!!
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-04 07:03 am   Permalink

The Buzzard wins again!
Excellent device for the job Buzzard, you get an A+ for todays class. Tiki is Awesome too!

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 4:51 pm   Permalink

well between dodging monsoons ,i finally got the big guy done!
used a mohogony stained oil on this one and really like how the color came out

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drasticwagon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 5:00 pm   Permalink

Nice Job, Looks Good.

View Profile of drasticwagon Send a personal message to drasticwagon  Goto the website of drasticwagon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 5:14 pm   Permalink

Buzzard, can you tell us the brand name of the product? Since you have a gentle climate there, you can be the Official Proving Grounds for stains and sealers of all kinds!

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigodz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 6:46 pm   Permalink

gorgeous paint job!

View Profile of tikigodz Send a personal message to tikigodz  Email tikigodz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 6:50 pm   Permalink

thanks dw

benzart,i knew there had to be an easy way to stand him up,i just had to have enough margos

bill its called cabot australian timber oil,(mohogony flame)they have a few dif colors
and clear, got at lowes.did 2 coats then 1 coat teak oil.if i can remember to do 1 coat teak oil a yr
i think it will keep it looking good out in the sun, i have not seen anything that does
not peel in the sun after a few yrs,so i would rather brush another coat of oil(5 min)
then sand varnish or poly

View Profile of buzzard Send a personal message to buzzard  Email buzzard     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-11 8:45 pm   Permalink

He reminds me of Elvis, Thank ya.. thank ya ver.. much.

Way to go Buzzman!

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-12 6:03 pm   Permalink

Whoo hoo right on! Stay dry out there.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-13 03:57 am   Permalink

Nice job Buzzard. What type of wood is that? Doesn't look like you have much timber in your part of the country.

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
buzzard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-15 1:18 pm   Permalink

tg thanks
coconuttzo i see it ,i think i'll put alittle more snarl on the next one
amate it is sable palm,got it from a guy in tucson,was not as hard as a mex fan
but beggers cant be choosey

seeks the rain has brought out the little tiny flies(drives me nuts)
also bought a rowboat for the next big rain

heres elvis taking his place of honor in the buzzards roost

i might not have a real house yet ,but my backyards starting
to look pretty cool

Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-22 07:10 am   Permalink

Darn Right it's looking pretty Cool back there, Awesome tiki Sir and I love that Cabot stuff.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 12:01 pm   Permalink

I like the dark finish. Man he looks like he weighs a ton! Hope ya didn't hurt yourself dragging him around.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
claq50
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 12:52 pm   Permalink

Nice look with the dark stain also. Looks huge in that bar!

View Profile of claq50 Send a personal message to claq50      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
coconuttzo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 1:54 pm   Permalink

With a place like that! All you really need is a roof overhead to keep out the desert sun. A bar, which I can see on the left. Your drinking companions, the tikis. Last but not least, a hammock to pass out on. Well whad'ya know, it's on the right! I dunno Buzzman, It looks to me like your'e already set.

Maybe when the next big rain does come, you might just have that island paradise with the floods surrounding your domain. Who would've thought that Island life does exist out in the desert.

View Profile of coconuttzo Send a personal message to coconuttzo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
surfintiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-24 1:56 pm   Permalink

Yeah nice! Soon to be beachfront property eh? I'll come by for a surf.

View Profile of surfintiki Send a personal message to surfintiki  Goto the website of surfintiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation