FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Palm Springs Moderism Week Feb. 14-24
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Palm Springs Moderism Week Feb. 14-24
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-10 2:36 pm   Permalink

http://www.modernismweek.com/

[ This Message was edited by: woohoowahine 2013-01-24 07:35 ]

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-10 6:04 pm   Permalink

Wow, it's a little jarring to get to the opening page of that link and have a decidedly unmodernist hippy band jump in your face...who ever thought THAT up? But don't let that deter you:

The Modernism show is truly great, always one of my favorite Palm Springs events of the year. I love going "window shopping" in the show (because most of that stuff I cannot afford anyway). And on Saturday afternoon I will be at the PS Modcom booth in the lobby to sell and sign copies of TIKI MODERN. On Sunday, from 12:00 noon- 3:00 p.m., I will do the same in the courtyard of the "Just Fabulous" book store right next to Coffi at 515 N. Palm Canyon drive.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2008-02-11 12:40 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-11 09:42 am   Permalink

Here's another link with some more info about the upcoming weekend...

http://www.orbitin.com/events.html

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 12:04 pm   Permalink

This is wonderful! Right up my alley! My wife and I were planning on being in Palm Springs this weekend anyway...now it sounds like it will be loads of fun!

Big Bro...let me just confirm...your going to be in the Convention Center lobby on Saturday? I need to stop by and pick up my copy of Tiki Modern from you.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 1:14 pm   Permalink

Yep, together with my friend Chris Nichols, author of "The Leisure Architecture of Wayne Mc Allister"...sometime in the early to mid-afternoon, for a couple of hours...AFTER I have taken in all the precious vintage modern furniture and decor in the place. Supposedly the Modcom booth will follow a Polynesian theme this year- how befitting! So hop on by!

And bring cash evvybody, two twennies will do, none of that 39,99 hairsplitting here...the x-tra penny is for my signature!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-12 09:04 am   Permalink

Palm Springs Modernism Show & Sale
February 15-17, 2008
Saturday 10-6 Sunday 11-5

Weekend Admission $15

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-12 7:05 pm   Permalink

What: Opening Reception of The Abstraction Distraction A Group Exhibition Curated by Glenn Barr

When: Saturday, February 16th from 6pm to 9pm

Where: M Modern 2500 N Palm Canyon Drive

What: A Group Art Exhibition featuring work by Glenn Barr, SHAG, Chris Reccardi, Lynne Naylor, Tim Biskup, Gary Taxali, Amaba Visell, Iceberg Slick, Bosko Hrnjak, Chris Trueman, Jememiah Ketner, John Bell, Jophen Stein, Beth Wilusz, Suzanna Anna, Rick Morris, Mark Dancy, Don Shank, Robert Pakorny

WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-14 11:41 am   Permalink

Weekend Weather Report

Highs Fri 71 Sat 77 Sun 80

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-14 11:57 am   Permalink

From what I hear it is snowing in down town Palm Springs right now!!!!!! First time it snowed since the 1960's!!!!!!!!But tomorrow it will be in the 70's and SUNNY!!!!!!!!!!

I am in Cold,Cold Irvine with only some board shorts and a tee!!! Bad planning I guess

See ya in the Springs!!!!!!!

THINK SUNNY AND IT'S SUNNY

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-14 8:13 pm   Permalink

Incredible but true:

On the road to Palm Springs!

But hey, I got a full tour of the Kaufmann House ...before it goes on the auction block!

Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-14 8:34 pm   Permalink

Don Wexler will get his star tomorrow on the boulevard. I was lucky enough to meet him last week. A great friend of mine who is a photographer in town did a shoot with him for an upcoming magazine article and I got to be there.

IF I WANTED SNOW I WOULD MOVE BACK TO CHI-TOWN!!!!!!!!!

P.S. They are asking way to much for that house/Art

wildsville man

Rory Snyder (A.K.A. Wildsville Man) Palm Springs Bartender Services

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2008-02-14 20:37 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-15 07:35 am   Permalink

WoooHoooo we're off to Caliente Tropics! Looks like Sunny Skies and lots of Mai Tai ahead of us

Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 07:52 am   Permalink

Word...

As stated....Burrrr!

Woke up this morning to a cool breeze, a blue sky, and a lawn mower. With all these great Modern Hotels around, we get stuck on a golf course (wife's bosses time share thingy). But hey, ya can't bitch about a freebe.

Looking forward to a Modernist few days!!

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-15 08:40 am   Permalink

As long as you're in Palm Springs.......

It's time to celebrate WHW's 39th! We'll be at the Caliente Tropics all weekend...

Stop by for a drink Saturday afternoon.

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-15 08:49 am   Permalink

I'm on my way back to the Springs at 9:30 a.m.!!!!!!!!! I need to walk the CEO of Wildsville Inc first..
The boss speaks and I jump!!!That's how it works.DIG?

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation