FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Sad News II - Matringinetti's Liquor in Boston Boarded up
Sad News II - Matringinetti's Liquor in Boston Boarded up
I-Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-11 4:20 pm   Permalink

I was really looking forward to my first visit to Martinginetti's in Boston last week. Imagine my shock when I arrived to find the storefront gated, locked and sniff.. EMPTY! I had to cry my way to the Union Oyster House for a ick.. beer.

So much for the flagship rum mart in Boston folks.

Lee (I-Tiki)

View Profile of I-Tiki Send a personal message to I-Tiki  Email I-Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-11 7:28 pm   Permalink

Sob! I spent a ton of money there when I lived on Salem Street!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 06:09 am   Permalink

Which one? Soldier's Field Road or the North End location? (And aren't there more...?)

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 06:42 am   Permalink

Well, their North End location been closed since about Jan 4 2008, due to a "corporate decision" according to someone who answered the phone at the Soldier's Field Road location (which is "never" going to close he said).

I'm not so worried any more.

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 12:05 pm   Permalink

The Professah and I made a shopping trip out to the Soldier's Field location, and got some good stuff, but we ended up going to Blanchards the following week to get things that weren't in stock at Martignetti's. Blanchard's has great variety and great prices. And it's closer, at least to us!

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-13 12:14 pm   Permalink

One of the very nice - and apparently little-known - things about Blanchards is that you can order stuff and pick it up in their West Roxbury store. Their online website has more stuff than any one of their stores, so you can get more things if you know what you're looking for. You have to wait a week, and you can only pick up in their West Roxbury location, but it can be extremely worthwhile rather than hunting through 4 or 5 stores for some rare items.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation