FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Velvet Falernum to the US
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Velvet Falernum to the US
van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-07 7:05 pm   Permalink

Martiki bought most every last bottle in CA, but maybe you should wager a zombie (or your bottle) that you can find a bottle at retail in CA!

The Taylor's Velvet Falernum should be back in stock in CA just a few more weeks.

[ This Message was edited by: van Oosten 2008-03-07 19:07 ]

View Profile of van Oosten Send a personal message to van Oosten  Goto the website of van Oosten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gonegoannas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 08:35 am   Permalink

It is available at BevMo at least the southern CA stores. I have purchased it at the Huntington Beach and Long Beach locations...It was in stock in Long Beach on Wednesday.

Jeff

View Profile of gonegoannas Send a personal message to gonegoannas  Email gonegoannas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 12:27 pm   Permalink

Are you sure that you are talking about Taylor Velvet Falernum? I have shopped the store in LB of which you speak and have never seen it. When I asked today, they had never heard of it and the BevMo computer shows that it is not a product which they carry, company-wide or even have a vender.

[ This Message was edited by: bewarethe151 2008-03-08 15:28 ]

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gonegoannas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 12:52 pm   Permalink

If this is what you are looking for then yes. It is with the Rum. Cant remember exact location in LB but the Huntington Beach store it is on the top shelf in the middle of the rum selection.

View Profile of gonegoannas Send a personal message to gonegoannas  Email gonegoannas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 3:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks. I know the stuff well and went through the rum and mixer section with a fine-tooth comb. A BevMo employee helped. No joy in Long Beach, the place on PCH which you enter from "behind the complex" away from PCH. Anyway, I will try HB tomorrow, but this must have sold out when Martiki went on his hunting trip for Forbidden Island.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-09 6:35 pm   Permalink

No Taylor's Velvet Falernum at BevMo in Huntington Beach. It's not in the system. We'll need to wait for the "grand reopening" under the new importer/distributor. Of course there are those lone bottles out there...somewhere...

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 07:12 am   Permalink

I'm still looking east coast style- In the NY area. I noticed it was to be in New Jersey mid March. My liquor store guy has a standing order when "it comes in"... If it comes in . Any updates?
Mahalo

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jingleheimerschmidt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-10 09:18 am   Permalink

I just ran out of Falernum myself, was planning on making a bunch of Corn n' Oils and my favorite liquor store in town was all out. I was bummed, went over to the rum section, and a load of Lemon Hart just showed up. I grabbed a bottle of Lemon Hart, and what do I find hiding behind...Velvet Falernum! I hope it wasn't one of you guys.

View Profile of jingleheimerschmidt Send a personal message to jingleheimerschmidt      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-12 2:10 pm   Permalink

No Falernum to be found anywhere in San Fernando Valley. I just went to a few Liquor stores and Bev Mo. Came home and called all the rest. Nope, nowhere at all. I also called Walley's in Westlake,( no was the answer). Finally called Hi Time Wine. They were the first place that knew what Falernum was and told me it will be coming in soon and for me to call to find out when. And they already carry St Elizabeth Spice liquor as of today.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-10 10:19 am   Permalink

Just a heads up that Hi Times now has John Taylor's Falernum for $17.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-10 11:07 pm   Permalink

I can't believe this , I was just there on Monday long trip from SFV, and they didn't have it and didn't know when they would be getting the Falernum. Damn

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-11 06:19 am   Permalink

It's there now at $17.99.

Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-15 6:01 pm   Permalink

Interesting.
I must have had my bottle of Velvet for at least a year now. More, for all I know. I think I picked it up at Bevmo, but it has been a year so I am not 100% sure.
Cheers.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 04:08 am   Permalink

For those who can't find it, here's a website selling the Velvet Falernum. They also have a few interesting rums and whiskeys too.

Prices seem somewhat comparable to local stores and free shipping for orders of $100 and up. If you're not in NY, hopefully your state will allow you to buy booze from another state.

http://www.DrinkUpNY.com/Velvet_Falernum_p/s0548.htm

it's not bad, but definitely not as good as home-made. Check out this recipe, which I used a couple of weeks ago and was very happy with the results, even though I can't cook at all.

http://www.cocktailchronicles.com/2006/07/28/falernum-8/

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2008-04-16 04:11 ]

[ This Message was edited by: leisure master 2008-04-16 07:03 ]

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Melintur
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-16 08:25 am   Permalink

If anybody wants a pictorial of making your own falernum, I have a photo essay of my fourth batch of Falernum (based on Paul's recipe, above) at my Cocktail Web Column. (I am still in search of a better term than 'blog')

I'll have phase II up Today or Tomorrow.

[ This Message was edited by: Melintur 2008-04-16 08:26 ]

View Profile of Melintur Send a personal message to Melintur  Email Melintur Goto the website of Melintur ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation