FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Velvet Falernum to the US
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Velvet Falernum to the US
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-11 10:54 pm   Permalink

I was at High-time yesterday and they are out of Velvet Falernum, anyone knows where I can get some in L.A.?

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2008-08-13 08:35 am   Permalink

Vendome in NoHo.

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Austin_Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-13 08:45 am   Permalink

I just picked up a bottle of Velvet here in Austin for $13. It definitely has a more complex flavor profile than does Fee Brothers, although I'm not convinced that that means it mixes better in cocktails.

View Profile of Austin_Tiki Send a personal message to Austin_Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-13 2:01 pm   Permalink

Martin, I have been there twice, last time was a month ago and they don't have it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
van Oosten
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-29 7:49 pm   Permalink

In LA area, call down to Hi-Times, or call to Wine Warehouse or Wally's. In NoCal (mail order) you can order from Blackwell's, Wine Commune/Berkeley, Vintage Wine & Spirits in Mill Valley. California distributor is Pacific Edge.

Also by mail order is DrinkUpNY.com or samswines.com.

View Profile of van Oosten Send a personal message to van Oosten  Goto the website of van Oosten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shaun of theTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-30 1:53 pm   Permalink

I just picked up the last bottle at a BevMo shop in Roseville, CA. I tried it in a Test Pilot cocktail, it rocks.

View Profile of Shaun of theTiki Send a personal message to Shaun of theTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-31 9:44 pm   Permalink

I called around the SFV Bevmo's and located a bottle of Velvet Falernum. They had one bottle in Northridge, so I got it.
It's getting scarce. I've made up a couple of batches of my own Falernum and I've been waiting to get my hands on it for comparison sake. A friend was generous enough to share the ancient Sazerac Falernum, but I still needed to get a taste of the Velvet Falernum to see what it's all about.
Very tasty!

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
toofastjim
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-03 3:54 pm   Permalink

I easily found it in two local stores (one in CT; one in MA), one of which considers Bacardi their top shelf of rums. I've been reluctant to use it in a cocktail figuring the alcohol might screw up the rest of the mixes & held out for some Fee Bros., but after reading this thread, may give it a whirl.

View Profile of toofastjim Send a personal message to toofastjim  Goto the website of toofastjim     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-03 6:48 pm   Permalink

There's about 20 bottles at HiTimes, now.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-03 8:53 pm   Permalink

Ayyyyy, damn it!this means I have to go there again, High Time is not exactly around the corner. Actually I love going there, but I end up spending millions of dollars....

bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-03 9:22 pm   Permalink

BTW, it's not with the mixers anymore. It's kind of close the entance of the store, behind a row of registers.

View Profile of bewarethe151 Send a personal message to bewarethe151      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-08 10:35 pm   Permalink

Finally I was able to get a couple of bottles from High-Time. There are only three left.

Sparkle Mark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-09-25 10:32 pm   Permalink

Are all of the Bevmo's out of Velvet??

Best
Mark

View Profile of Sparkle Mark Send a personal message to Sparkle Mark  Goto the website of Sparkle Mark     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bewarethe151
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-09-26 06:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-09-25 22:32, Sparkle Mark wrote:
Are all of the Bevmo's out of Velvet??

Best
Mark

I've seen lone, or 2 bottles, on the Bevmo shelves around SoCal. Some have it with mixers, others with liqueurs.

iTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-10-17 2:10 pm   Permalink

I just found a lone bottle at BevMo. What's the best drink to try this stuff out?

View Profile of iTiki Send a personal message to iTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation