FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Mai Tiki Bar/Lounge - The Lilo Lounge
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Mai Tiki Bar/Lounge - The Lilo Lounge
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 12:55 pm   Permalink

I finally got a space to build mai very own Tiki Bar/lounge. It’s an outdoor patio with a concrete floor. The area is 20' long by 13' wide. It’s wired for electricity, on the ceiling and back wall, but no plumbing -- yet!

First things first, I agonized about the name. For some reason, I needed to name the bar first, then the assembly and building would commence.

I finally settled on “The Lilo Lounge”, translation, “The Lost Lounge”. The name came about during the last San Diego Tiki Chop on Feb. 16. Bowanna popped open a Kona Long Board Ale. The bottle caps had Polynesian words translated into English. This particular bottle cap had “Lilo” on it. My original choice was to name the bar/lounge: “The Lost Isle Bar”, so when I saw the cap, I felt like I was struck with a lightening bolt. The second runner up was “The Green Mermaid”. So for now, the name of mai tiki bar is “The Lilo Lounge” featuring a drink I’ve concocted, which will be one of the bar's "signature drinks", The Green Mermaid”.

So, with my blank canvas...mai tiki bar building adventure begins....

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 1:05 pm   Permalink

I'm really looking forward to seeing The Lilo Lounge come to life. (I was kind of liking the Valley Hai too though.)

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 2:38 pm   Permalink

The Bal-Boa-Oa (courtesy of Bora Boris) and the Valley Hai are still on my short list.
I reserve the right to change my mind, so I'm staking claim on the Valley Hai!!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 2:50 pm   Permalink

Hey for other peeps that are working on their bar/lounge and agonized over a name, here's a list of the names and/or ideas I went through. Hiphipahula - a little bird told me your thinking of names as well, so here is some of my sweat....

San Fernando Valley Ideas: Vali Hai; Valli Hai; Valley Hai (reserved -- hee hee)

Volcano Room, Lounge, Pit or Lanai
Lava Room, Lounge, Pit or Lanai

Tiki or Hawaiian Type Ideas

Tiki Tavern
Tiki Terrace
Happy Tiki
Aloha Room
Polynesian Room
Pineapple Palace
Tropical Grotto
Kapu Point
Bamboo Room
Bamboo Hut
Lapu Lapu Lounge
Grog Grotto
Tahitian Temple
Tahiti Hut
Moai
Easter Isle
Easter Island
Kapu (Forbidden)
Okole Maluna Bar or Lounge
Rum Runner Retreat
Hula Hut
Moai Lounge
Mai Tiki Bar

Ocean/Beach Ideas

South Seas Shelter
Outrigger
Mermaid Lounge
Mermaid Cove

Tiki Gods

Pele’s Playground
Pele’s Paradise
Ku Ku Lounge or Lounge
The Tongaroa
Lono Lounge
Kanaloa Cove
Roa Retreat
Maui Room

Words/Ideas

Lounge
Bar
Room
Hut
Hideaway
Shack
Cove
Lagoon
Cave
Grotto
Paradise
Island
Mysterious

Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 2:56 pm   Permalink

Lilo lounge was a cool "neo" tiki bar in san fran a few years back...it closed a long time ago, but i still have some matchbooks from their if you need a logo for your bar.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-19 3:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-19 14:56, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
Lilo lounge was a cool "neo" tiki bar in san fran a few years back...it closed a long time ago, but i still have some matchbooks from their if you need a logo for your bar.

That would be a fun project for the Chop group. Have someone come up with your bar logo. Mieko could make pendants. Babalu could make your signature mugs...

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-20 02:36 am   Permalink

Yay! Congrats! I have some last foot work to do on permits etc. then we will start cutting a wall down & build a bar too! Looks like fun parties this summer! I too am looking for a name,,,, Kate??? throw more names to me girl, you stopped?

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-21 6:27 pm   Permalink

Yeah, that would be cool....pendants, my very own mug, fun, fun, fun....

Hiphipaula -- congrats on the upcoming bar...that's exciting!

Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-27 1:34 pm   Permalink

Cheeky,?? are you doing the Balboa name??? That was the greatest! I hope you go with that play on words... (I don't want to say it I will leave it up to you to tell all!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-19 10:35 pm   Permalink

Almost a year later. I got the back wall of the tiki bar painted. I'm starting to paint the post! The Lilo Lounge, is starting to come to life.

Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-20 08:29 am   Permalink

Wow Cheeky, you paint slow. Pix pls. Can you post that pic of you and Sabu and Grog all together, since this is your thread. Classic funny shot.

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 1:06 pm   Permalink

Just bought some thatch from Island Thatch! Bought some palms and a banana tree and a couple of big pots.
Started carving out some more poles.

Yes, the painting is going incredibly slow -- I think I'm going to buy a paint sprayer, cause I gotta pain the ext. of the house as well.

But, it's time to really focus on the tiki bar!

Pictures to follow!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-09 1:16 pm   Permalink

hurry! hurry!
pix! pix!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-27 11:43 pm   Permalink

Blah, blah, blah...
Pictures?

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 05:32 am   Permalink

Don't let these guys rush you, good creativity happens when it should.

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation