FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Mai Tiki Bar/Lounge - The Lilo Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Mai Tiki Bar/Lounge - The Lilo Lounge
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-28 12:37 pm   Permalink

No rush on the project That's a huge part of the fun anyway.

Would just love to see and cheer on the work in progress.
Hope you're having fun!

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Pupu Pants
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-05-06 12:40 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-09 13:06, CheekyGirl wrote:

Pictures to follow!

How about now?...................................now?.................................ok, now?
............................are they following now?.....................what was I saying again?

View Profile of Mr. Pupu Pants Send a personal message to Mr. Pupu Pants  Email Mr. Pupu Pants     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-09 1:10 pm   Permalink

My bad....Sorry, I'm gonna change my name to "Slow-Poke".
I took yesterday off and finished the tiki post/panels yesterday. All stained and sealed. I got 8 of those bad boys done. I promise I will post the pictures by the end of the week...found the USB cord!

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 6:09 pm   Permalink

Here's the 1st set of 8 panel/posts for the tiki bar.

Here's the 2nd set of 8 panel/posts. I added tapa patterns to the 2nd set.

A closer view of the 2nd set (top part)

A closer view of the 2nd set (bottom part)

They are all stained, sealed and ready to be added, hopefully, this coming weekend.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 6:13 pm   Permalink

I love the way these turned out. Can't wait to see them installed!

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 6:18 pm   Permalink

I plan on adding these panel/posts to the exterior of the existing patio supports. Each support will have 4 panels, so it fully encloses the supports. Here's a couple of panels I leaned up against one of the supports.

I painted the back wall, it's a orangy-peanut butter color, which you can see in the background. I should have moved some of the stuff I have in the patio.

I added some potted plants, pygmy palm, banana tree and white bird of paradise. Since this picture all the plants have been transplanted into nicer bigger pots.

There's a big bale of thatch I got from Island Thatch which I will add to the exterior. All the posts are painted a dark brown, like the 1st patio support.

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

Here's the sign I started carving at the Carving Hut at Tiki Oasis 2008.

Stained.

Painted and sealed. I decided to add a little white paint, so the name would stand out. Then I got a little carried away with gold accents. The gold paint had to be wrestled out of my hand before I ruined the sign.

These guys helped wrestle the paint brush out of my hand.

[ This Message was edited by: CheekyGirl 2009-06-10 18:27 ]

CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 6:44 pm   Permalink

A picture of the tiki panels are installed!

It's kind of hard to see, but I added rope trim between the panels. It's a bad picture, but the lighter color of the rope really makes the dark wood pop.

Wayfarer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 09:52 am   Permalink

I think the sign looks good as it is, though the gold doesn't show up very well in the photo.

View Profile of Wayfarer Send a personal message to Wayfarer  Goto the website of Wayfarer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-16 8:24 pm   Permalink

The posts look good. You have been working on those for a while.
Congrats on getting them done.

It's nice to see people that are local to me doing the tiki to their homes.

So when is the party/chop?

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation