FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts 1963 Duncan Tiki mold in action
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
1963 Duncan Tiki mold in action
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 11:34 am   Permalink

Awesome!!! That's a formidable looking army.

Can't wait to see em all with their war paint on!

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flat Black
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-07 1:31 pm   Permalink

They look great for sure.

View Profile of Flat Black Send a personal message to Flat Black      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Esquina Del Tiki!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-08 10:59 am   Permalink

Simply awesome Silverline!

LED Tiki

View Profile of La Esquina Del Tiki! Send a personal message to La Esquina Del Tiki!  Email La Esquina Del Tiki! Goto the website of La Esquina Del Tiki!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-11 9:06 pm   Permalink

You know I'm thinking what you're thinking so I don't even have to type it do I?

Let me know if you want some help glazin'. Oh, think of the possibilities when you put your "heads" together.

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Lee's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 01:48 am   Permalink

Way To Go Brad!
Who knows? You may just have to give up photography for a livin' and become the Mid-West's Munktiki!

View Profile of Tiki Lee's Send a personal message to Tiki Lee's      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-13 11:04 pm   Permalink

Great One! I used this mug look for the bases of my F-O-M mug, I started from scratch and came up with this, My sculpt is a lot more narrow, But much alike, My Master Sculpt:

Finished Mugs:

Keep up the Great work, Have Fun! Mahalo! Gogo

[ This Message was edited by: GO TIKI 2008-03-13 23:17 ]

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-14 04:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-24 09:47, Cammo wrote:
Please - just don't glaze 'em all honey brown!

Not, not all brown.

Just ONE brown.

For Me.

For my Moai Army! Bwahhahhaa haaa haaaa!

Seriously! One brown one for me.... how much do you want and can I send it via paypal?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 09:08 am   Permalink

WOW Go Tiki! I want one of those FOM mugs! Those are WAY cool!

Thanks for the encouragement everybody. Much like carving, I really don't know what I'm doing here, but it's FUN!

Here are the Moai Generals leading their respective divisions to the final fiery glaze of glory. I know it's all just chemistry (and old hat to those who've done this before), but it's interesting to me how the pre-fire glazes look SO different from what they'll look like after firing,

Left to right is: Royal Purple, Teal Tweed, Caramel, and Sand Bar. Keep your fingers crossed that these colors are what I actually get!

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
La Esquina Del Tiki!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-03-27 09:53 am   Permalink

Great color choices Silverline, especially the teal.

LED Tiki

[ This Message was edited by: La Esquina Del Tiki! 2008-03-27 09:53 ]

View Profile of La Esquina Del Tiki! Send a personal message to La Esquina Del Tiki!  Email La Esquina Del Tiki! Goto the website of La Esquina Del Tiki!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 09:55 am   Permalink

let me buy some unglazed greenware f.o.m. mugs from you so i can get going on making some special lamps for this years hula hop to sell!!! (or use for prizes!!).....providing of course i can strike a deal with the f.o.m. guys to make a small exclusive run of these hand painted ultra cool lamps that i have in mind.....

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2008-03-27 09:56 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 10:08 am   Permalink

Love this stuff, great test color choices. Really want to see what they look like after the burn. They never come out exactly like the little test chips - it depends on heat, bumpiness and how thick you put it on. (We still can't find a bright red that works.)

Excellent job, you get A++++++.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Flat Black
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-03-27 12:17 pm   Permalink

Great color choices! I'm so glad you are doing a couple different ones.

I look forward to seeing how they look done.

View Profile of Flat Black Send a personal message to Flat Black      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 08:49 am   Permalink

Well, it's been a while and a lot has happened with these guys. Long story short, it's been determined that they were not fired hot enough or long enough in the first (bisque) firing to get all the moisture out. As a result, steam and moisture erupts the glaze as it's melting causing glaze-craters and burst bubbles. Highly unattractive! All were affected, to greater or lesser degrees. We tried a second glaze firing to see if it would settle out; some improved, some got worse. I'm very disappointed with the results, but may try again before long. I've been considering buying my own kiln so I'll have only myself to blame for mistakes like this in the future. Just don't know if this is really something I have the time and money for.

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ This Message was edited by: SilverLine 2008-05-06 08:50 ]

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-06 10:53 am   Permalink

I think the first two look great.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-05-06 10:59 am   Permalink

Agreed.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation