FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki The Spring Cleaning Tiki Mug Trade Off Idea Post
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
The Spring Cleaning Tiki Mug Trade Off Idea Post
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:32 pm   Permalink

Aloha Folks,

After a pretty successful holiday mug trade off, many folks wanted to do again before next holiday season. So, I'm just putting out feelers to see who may be interested, and looking for ideas to make it a little more exciting.

One idea I had was a minimum two mug trade off. One vintage, one not so vintage. Just an idea.

So, let me know what you think.

The official thread will start on the first day of Spring.

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 5:40 pm   Permalink

I'm in for another trade, but I'm not so sure about the 2-mug minimum. That can get a little expensive to ship depending on the size and weight of the mugs. (Can you tell I pulled the trader in Hawaii last time? ) It also puts a little extra pressure on everyone to come up with stuff they may not have extras of. I vote for keeping it fun by minimizing the rules and requirements.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
closettiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 7:00 pm   Permalink

im in for another trade off.....but im with jentiki....one mug would by fine by me..

we can do a single mug trade off and if anyone wants to do more...
then just put your name in more than once for multiple names

the last trade off was a blast.........count me in

View Profile of closettiki Send a personal message to closettiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-24 11:37 pm   Permalink

I'm in. I'm guessing 2 mugs in one box wouldn't be all that much more to ship than 1.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 03:15 am   Permalink

I'm in again. Mmmmm... I think "one mug, no rules" would be my vote. Some got into the add-ons a bit last time; leaving it up to the individual works for me. Now let's see... which mug... that one, or maybe that one?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 07:12 am   Permalink

in

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SilverLine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 09:51 am   Permalink

Although I've never gotten in on these trade-offs before, I followed the last one fairly closely and think I get the gist. I've got a few duplicates and even some home-grown mugs being fired this week, so count me in this time! I'd be for keeping it simple, though.

Classic Silver Line Boats

View Profile of SilverLine Send a personal message to SilverLine  Goto the website of SilverLine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dibroc
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 10:43 am   Permalink

I am in. I could do one or two what ever seems like the group would like to do.

View Profile of dibroc Send a personal message to dibroc      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 10:59 am   Permalink

Sounds like fun - I'm in!

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 1:04 pm   Permalink

I am in but since i am pretty new to this, I don't have any vintage mugs I am wiling to pass along (I only have a couple!). I could only swing one mug and maybe some other goodies in the box.

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 1:22 pm   Permalink

So how does this work? Fill me in. I have far, far too many mugs. I have boxes and boxes stored around the house. Moving some around would be nice. I'd like to see a list of non-trade worthy mugs though. Although that might be dependant on locale. Or is that going against the idea. There are just mugs here that are so common i won't buy them for a quarter. Unmarked PMPs, some OMCs, Leilanis, some orchids, Sneaky TIki buckt mugs, etc.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 2:02 pm   Permalink

I'd like to try this again. I still have a few duplicates.

Swanky - Many of the folks involved in the trade have Ooga-Mooga accounts, so it's a little easier to see what the person has or doesn't have. It's pretty tough to match anything on most people's wish lists without spending a fortune, but it may give you a better idea of what kind of mugs they like.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 2:05 pm   Permalink

Is in (again).

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-25 2:14 pm   Permalink

Good to see this will be another good go around. This is the idea thread, that's why I threw out the idea of the two mugs. Just trying to see if it would make it better, more interesting.

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-25 2:43 pm   Permalink

Count me in again.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation